Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:05:17 am

Author Topic: School Headaches  (Read 1091 times)  Share 

Blatchie460

School Headaches
« on: January 30, 2018, 07:24:55 pm »
Practically every day I come home from school I end up with a headache that doesn't go away until I've slept.
Do you guys get this? How do you 'cure' it?
Going to the optometrist soon to get checked for some eye strain or stuff

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: School Headaches
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:29:06 pm »
+6
Hey!
Sucks to hear about those headaches!
Often when I'm at uni I get headaches that don't go away, unless I sleep. I know it isn't my vision (I wear glasses anyways haha), but I found its a lack of water consumed, or stress. Have you looked into seeing if either of those could also be the issue? :D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

chooby

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 07:33:49 pm »
+4
Can definitely vouch that it normally comes from a lack of water. After drinking a lot, it would still take a while but it should start to gradually feel better. Another factor that normally affects me is too much screen time as it stresses my eyes especially if all my classes are looking at slides and videos. Normally I need an hour off screens to just alleviate the pain so hopefully, that helps too
"It's not the building that matters; it's what happens in it that does" ~ Mark Conner

2017 | Biology [38]
2018 | English [] Methods [] Chemistry [] Physics [] MUEP Chemistry []

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 07:54:38 pm »
+5
I think this is a fairly common thing that happens to people during VCE or university. :)

However, this is a matter that should be discussed with the optometrist and/or your GP - none of us here can give medical advice :)

Blatchie460

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 08:12:15 pm »
+1
Hey!
Sucks to hear about those headaches!
Often when I'm at uni I get headaches that don't go away, unless I sleep. I know it isn't my vision (I wear glasses anyways haha), but I found its a lack of water consumed, or stress. Have you looked into seeing if either of those could also be the issue? :D

I'm practically addicted to water and have heaps every day. I think you may be right with stress being the cause. I'm pretty susceptible to any stress in general and never cope well.
Thx for the answer

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:12:38 pm »
+1
how much sleep do you normally get? and do you spend a lot of times looking a screen (phone/tablet/laptop)?

Blatchie460

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 08:43:24 pm »
+1
how much sleep do you normally get? and do you spend a lot of times looking a screen (phone/tablet/laptop)?

I get around 8-12 hours a night. It all depends on how hard it is for me to fall asleep.
I do spend a fair amount of time looking at screens, but I haven't had these headaches at all during holidays.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 08:53:23 pm »
I get around 8-12 hours a night. It all depends on how hard it is for me to fall asleep.
I do spend a fair amount of time looking at screens, but I haven't had these headaches at all during holidays.
Could maybe just be adjusting to the new year of school after a long relaxing holidays. I generally wouldn't exactly get headaches but would have a nap after school during the first week mainly because my body clock gets destroyed during the holidays and/or going from doing little to nothing productive to going to school LOL.