Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:51:53 pm

Author Topic: Extension 1 - Romanticism  (Read 45303 times)  Share 

diesxel

• Forum Regular
  • sow the seeds, reap the rewards ❊
  • Respect: +5
Re: Extension 1 - Romanticism
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2017, 06:50:30 pm »
Hello!! I have a question about the English Extension 1 rubric

Can someone please kindly break down all of the ways of thinking/ ideas from the rubric that would be good to use in essays? Ive really been struggling with this for the past few weeks and need some help asap!!

My prescribed texts are: Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Poems, Frankenstein and Bright Star

Thank you so much!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:02:47 pm by diesxel »
HSC 2017 ATAR 97.25 English Advanced (92)- Modern History (89) - Business Studies (93) - Biology (96) - English Extension 1 (47/50) - English Extension 2

Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you're done.

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »
+1
They wrote 25/25 for my trial essay, crossed it out and wrote 24. I have never been more angry in my entire life. (Actually, I'm not angry, it's a great mark and I'm ecstatic, but just so infuriated and flustered haha). Also, I am so happy with my creative which was 21/25, which is such a huge leap and deal for me in creatives, because they've always been my worst. So I'm pretty happy with 45/50 for trials, especially because my school marks really harshly. So basically, just a huge thank you to everyone here :)
Hey!
I did the HSC last year (2017) and my 10 units were English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Legal Studies, Maths and Studies of Religion 2. I achieved my ATAR aim of over 90!

I loved tutoring and running essay writing workshops (privately and at InFlow Education) so much that I decided to study a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in English and minoring in Maths!

If you're thinking about tutoring, let me know x

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2017, 03:55:21 pm »
+1
They wrote 25/25 for my trial essay, crossed it out and wrote 24. I have never been more angry in my entire life. (Actually, I'm not angry, it's a great mark and I'm ecstatic, but just so infuriated and flustered haha). Also, I am so happy with my creative which was 21/25, which is such a huge leap and deal for me in creatives, because they've always been my worst. So I'm pretty happy with 45/50 for trials, especially because my school marks really harshly. So basically, just a huge thank you to everyone here :)

Wooohooo! Great marks! And I can imagine the crossed out mark would be infuriating. I'm almost laughing thinking about it - what a way to bother a student! Did you ask what dropped you the mark?
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

bowiemily

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • So it goes.
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2017, 09:39:51 am »
+2
Hello!! I have a question about the English Extension 1 rubric

Can someone please kindly break down all of the ways of thinking/ ideas from the rubric that would be good to use in essays? Ive really been struggling with this for the past few weeks and need some help asap!!

My prescribed texts are: Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Poems, Frankenstein and Bright Star

Thank you so much!!

Hey there,
I'm nto going to provide an explanation for each one of them - because doing so will strip you of any personal interpretation. But taking them straight from the rubric, they are:

- the transformative ideas, perspectives and ways of thinking that emerged during the late
18th and early19th centuries.
 - ideas about the power of the imagination, the individual’s pursuit of meaning and truth through spontaneous
thought, feeling, and action
 -  continuity of the human and natural worlds took hold and flourished.
- Ways of thinking about the human mind and human experience
- the individual’s place in the wider social and natural worlds
- sense of purpose and creative yearning for coherence, unity, and meaning in human life.
Currently offering tutoring, send me a PM or email me at [email protected]
AdvEng: 100 (1st in State) - ExtEng: 49/50 - EarthEnviroScience: 95/100 (7th in State) - Modern History: 95/100 - Legal Studies: 96/100 Studies of Religion: 47/50

ATAR: 99.85
Studying Arts/Law at Sydney University

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »
Wooohooo! Great marks! And I can imagine the crossed out mark would be infuriating. I'm almost laughing thinking about it - what a way to bother a student! Did you ask what dropped you the mark?

I definitely asked why I didn't get the 25! She actually said, it's a 25/25 essay, but in the game of the HSC, our English co-ordinator wouldn't let the teacher give out full marks for any sections, something about scaling and security and blah blah. But basically, the essay actually is a 25/25 which is so annoying
Hey!
I did the HSC last year (2017) and my 10 units were English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Legal Studies, Maths and Studies of Religion 2. I achieved my ATAR aim of over 90!

I loved tutoring and running essay writing workshops (privately and at InFlow Education) so much that I decided to study a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in English and minoring in Maths!

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2017, 04:21:10 pm »
I definitely asked why I didn't get the 25! She actually said, it's a 25/25 essay, but in the game of the HSC, our English co-ordinator wouldn't let the teacher give out full marks for any sections, something about scaling and security and blah blah. But basically, the essay actually is a 25/25 which is so annoying

Hahaha I got 25 for both should I be worried  ??? :P
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

bowiemily

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • So it goes.
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2017, 10:08:11 am »
Hahaha I got 25 for both should I be worried  ??? :P

Its so weird how some schools/teachers do that! Im quite sure I got 25 and 24 in my own trials, and I don't think that effected my mark in the room. I really don't think its worth vesting your anxiety in the scaling game. Try your hardest and continue to study!
AdvEng: 100 (1st in State) - ExtEng: 49/50 - EarthEnviroScience: 95/100 (7th in State) - Modern History: 95/100 - Legal Studies: 96/100 Studies of Religion: 47/50

Graceful

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2017, 02:39:49 pm »
Hey Emily, what themes did you use to structure your arguments for your essay?

Graceful

• Adventurer
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
^^ I'm having trouble deciding on which few themes I could use to answer any question thrown at as in the HSC

Graceful

• Adventurer
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2017, 07:22:46 pm »
Hey sorry about those lazy questions, please don't bother answering them, I have decided how I'm going to structure my essay now :)

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2017, 09:35:28 am »
Hey Guys,

I was looking through the syllabus and noticed stuff about the "enduring value" of texts. Just curious, our teacher never went through that. What does it all mean? Particularly in conjunction with Romanticism?

Mary x
Hey!

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 10:37:49 am »
+1
Hey Guys,

I was looking through the syllabus and noticed stuff about the "enduring value" of texts. Just curious, our teacher never went through that. What does it all mean? Particularly in conjunction with Romanticism?

Mary x

should just be its enduring values ie. why it is still relevant today :) so for example, the importance of the individual is still a significant concept in today's society given that.......... (can't think of much here maybe multiculturalism but idk ahha get the drift) or the romantic paradigm of emotion still possesses enduring relevance in today's society as it is still an integral part of the human experience.
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2017, 11:14:54 am »
should just be its enduring values ie. why it is still relevant today :) so for example, the importance of the individual is still a significant concept in today's society given that.......... (can't think of much here maybe multiculturalism but idk ahha get the drift) or the romantic paradigm of emotion still possesses enduring relevance in today's society as it is still an integral part of the human experience.

Cheers honey, just wanted confirmation :) xxx
Hey!

Graceful

• Adventurer
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2017, 06:05:37 pm »
Hey guys, I'm looking to use one of Keats letters for a related text. Is it ok to use just one?

bowiemily

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • So it goes.
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2017, 12:08:53 pm »
Hey guys, I'm looking to use one of Keats letters for a related text. Is it ok to use just one?

Definitely :)