Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:43:27 am

Author Topic: Ext 1 English Question  (Read 1384 times)  Share 

spnmox

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Ext 1 English Question
« on: January 15, 2020, 11:12:16 pm »
Hi Angelina! I attended your lecture for E1 today, it was so so informative and also super entertaining! I just have a general question about study. How much time outside of class did you dedicate to studying for Ext 1? Also, what kind of work did this include?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Ext 1 English Question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 11:13:45 pm »
+1
Hi Angelina! I attended your lecture for E1 today, it was so so informative and also super entertaining! I just have a general question about study. How much time outside of class did you dedicate to studying for Ext 1? Also, what kind of work did this include?

Hey, spnmox!

So glad to hear you found the lecture helpful (apologies again that you guys didn't get a second break!)  ;D I aimed to dedicate at least an hour in a fortnight to writing practice with Ext 1 but if you include all the extra reading I did plus class homework, I probably did around 3-4 hours for the fortnight in total. Even then, I had times when I went without studying anything Ext 1 related outside of class because all the major works I had, work and my extra-curricular commitments. I think it's more about what you choose to do during your study, rather than how often you do it. I made sure that if I was going to study, I needed to do something productive and beneficial; I remember once tossing up between spending a whole hour to start my next prescribed text or just fixing a part of an essay I was attempting for a few minutes and relaxing for the rest (and I ended up doing the latter because it was more beneficial in that particular circumstance). As long as you do your best to dedicate time to it, even ten minutes trying to answer a practice question and submitting it for feedback to your teacher could make a huge difference.

Beyond all of this, I just really got inspired! I did so much reading, annotating and writing over the year and that's how I managed to reach the level of flair in those responses I shared with you in the slides. Find things that make you want to read and watch even more, as well as create yourself. Learning should be fun and it's dependent on who you are; for me, that was reading and finding cool resources to explore but for you, it could be something completely different. Hope that answers your question and let me know if you have any others!

Angelina ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music