Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:18:45 am

Author Topic: Old Marking Rules  (Read 63482 times)

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
Re: Old Marking Rules
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering on how to answer this question: "How effective are statutory and judicial guidelines as a means of achieving justice?" and what cases I will need

R v Loveridge -> catalyst for mandatory sentencing for 'king hits'
R v Jacboson -> catalyst for mandatory life sentences for murdering a police officer
Not sure about judicial guidelines, though you could mention the case of R v Singh and his successful provocation defence, which set up a very exploitable precedent. Judges are then expected to follow this precedent, thus creating a culture of blaming the victim for the actions of the accused

EDIT: But yeah, from now on try to keep questions in their respective thread
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

mystermark

• Adventurer
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2017, 11:24:13 am »
R v Loveridge -> catalyst for mandatory sentencing for 'king hits'
R v Jacboson -> catalyst for mandatory life sentences for murdering a police officer
Not sure about judicial guidelines, though you could mention the case of R v Singh and his successful provocation defence, which set up a very exploitable precedent. Judges are then expected to follow this precedent, thus creating a culture of blaming the victim for the actions of the accused

EDIT: But yeah, from now on try to keep questions in their respective thread

Sorry for going off topic on the thread, but quick question for the r v loveridge and im sorry if its silly but how does the case relate to mandatory sentencing?

mystermark

• Adventurer
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2017, 11:36:48 am »
So just to confirm, we have to do 50 posts on this website to get one essay marked?
So if I were to get an English essay marked I have to comment/create posts that are only English related?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:38:37 am by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2017, 11:38:18 am »
HEY EVERYONE!

You might notice that this thread has been moved to a new dedicated HSC Marking and Feedback section! This section will be replacing the existing essay marking threads, for a few reasons:

- Each response will have its own thread for feedback, which makes it easier to track when you've gotten some help and easier to engage in continual dialogue about how to improve it!
- Easier for the moderators to manage their marking in a single list rather than in about a dozen different threads

But most importantly, this is to get the community more involved in the feedback. The moderators (the experts) provide fantastic feedback, but of course we can only mark so much and our feedback requires meeting a post count for that reason. You guys, as a community, can provide incredible feedback as well, and you can provide it to more people. By putting essay marking in its own board, everyone can be involved. Someone posts an essay, a few people offer tips or maybe even give detailed feedback like our moderators do. The moderators then offer feedback to the people who've been most helpful (as represented by building up the required posts!). This makes it completely community driven, and means people will get more feedback - From their peers and moderators - For the one response.

How it will work:
- Anyone can post a response for any subject in this board.
- Use the convention, "[SUBJECT]: [TOPIC]" for the thread topic, e.g., "Advanced: Discovery Essay" or similar, just something clear.
- If you want your essay looked at by a moderator, add a note to your response saying so! If you qualify we'll get it looked at, same as before! If not, we'll let you know how many posts you need.
- Anyone can give feedback, just reply with your thoughts! Even if others have already given feedback, feel free to add more.
- Even if a moderator has given feedback, feel free to add more.

What About the Old Threads?

They'll stay open until the HSC exam for that relevant subject is done - Then we'll lock them up and move them to an archive on this board so they are still viewable to benefit from! You can still use the old threads until they are locked, but we're encouraging people to use this new section!! :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:37 am »
So just to confirm, we have to do 50 posts on this website to get one essay marked?
So if I were to get an English essay marked I have to comment/create posts that are only English related?

If you want it looked at by a moderator, yes! But you can post it and ask for feedback from your peers if you'd prefer - You don't need 50 posts for that :) the posts can be anywhere on the forums provided they adhere to the forum rules!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »
ATTENTION!

All the English marking threads will be locked at midnight on Wednesday - Feedback submitted after that point would be received right before the exam, and it wouldn't be helpful to you!! So, we're setting the deadline so we can guarantee the list is clean by the start of the weekend, letting us focus on last minute questions :)

(All other threads will remain open!) :)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2017, 05:16:31 pm »
ATTENTION!

All the English marking threads will be locked at midnight on Wednesday - Feedback submitted after that point would be received right before the exam, and it wouldn't be helpful to you!! So, we're setting the deadline so we can guarantee the list is clean by the start of the weekend, letting us focus on last minute questions :)

(All other threads will remain open!) :)

Extension 1 too?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2017, 07:30:16 pm »
Extension 1 too?

Just Std and Adv, including the AoS :)

Henry Kocatekin

• Forum Regular
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »
What's better/easiest for you guys? A link to a Google drive, an attachment or just copy and paste the essay in?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2017, 10:48:37 pm »
What's better/easiest for you guys? A link to a Google drive, an attachment or just copy and paste the essay in?

Whichever!! Google Drive links can get a little annoying with permissions and such so probably one of the latter ;D

Henry Kocatekin

• Forum Regular
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »
Okay Thank you.
Is Module A, Richard III and Looking for Richard okay?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »
Okay Thank you.
Is Module A, Richard III and Looking for Richard okay?

Sure thing - Anything clear enough to understand at a glance is great ;D

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:51 am »
Sorry so if I've already posted an essay on the old Adv End modules only essay marking, will I have to repost or will I still receive feedback in that thread?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2017, 11:22:18 am »
Sorry so if I've already posted an essay on the old Adv End modules only essay marking, will I have to repost or will I still receive feedback in that thread?

You're all good - We'll still watch them until the HSC exam for that subject (Elyse started yours this morning I think) ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2017, 07:32:30 pm »
Final Reminder: Area of Study, Advanced and Standard marking threads will be locked at midnight tonight!! This is so all feedback can be given by Saturday - Feedback after then isn't going to be useful for you! Ask lots of questions guys, we're keen to help as much as we can :)