Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:26:05 pm

Author Topic: essendon scandal  (Read 6711 times)

götze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
  • School: St Johns Regional College
essendon scandal
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:19:58 am »
Hey Guys just wondering people thoughts on the essendon drug saga. comment below :)

lala1911

Re: essendon scandal
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 05:25:23 pm »
Hird and his assistants should be penalised and the players shouldn't be.

How can you call a man who allowed 1500 injections innocent? lol

CH3ezEC4KE

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
  • School: Berwick
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:47:42 pm »
They should all be punished. Everyone failed, except those players who did not take drugs. If an Olympic athlete takes drugs "accidentally", such as the female Olympic shot put champion whose coach spiked her drink, and still gets banned, these afl players should. Why would you put stuff into your body without knowing what is anyway. I'm happy they're getting, fined, banned, excluded from finals, losing draft picks. Finally the afl has taken a hard line response on drugs in afl, about time
2012-Legal Studies-(41), Business Management-(42)
2013-2017- BBus (Management)/BBus (Marketing)

2014- Monash University Elite Athlete Program/Monash Sport Scholarship Recipient

Frozone

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I'm on my daily grind. My 9-5.
  • Respect: +9
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:05:50 pm »
I'm not an Essendon fan but i feel sorry for the player group as a whole. All the years hard work being thrown down the sink.
This has been a very bad year for the AFL imagewise. Racism and Drugs don't go down too well with the parents
VCE 2013 - 2014:  Biology |English|Geography| Literature |Mathematical Methods [CAS] |Physical Education | Psychology

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 09:18:03 pm »
Not satisfied here. The AFL were too soft. The word "deal" should not be appearing in this context. Essendon put themselves above the game, insisting that they had done nothing wrong, and now they are making deals to soften the penalty?

Hird is adamant that his name had been tarnished yet he accepts a deal? This is weak. Quite frankly I would be embarrassed to be an Essendon supporter.

Useless. Essendon should be given the death penalty. 5 years no draft picks. $5M fine. No finals this year and playing for no points next season.

Just another example why I stopped watching AFL years ago. Like how Melbourne were found "innocent" in the tanking saga yet the club was fined and heads rolled. The 3 strike drug policy is also laughable. The league has no integrity.

Little: "We have learnt from our mistakes ... the club accepts the commission's penalty."
"James Hird told the commission tonight that he took responsibility for the club's shortcomings."

And he only cops a 12 month ban? Should be banned from the game FOR LIFE. The AFL knows Essendon = $$$. The league is too sackless to deliver a knockout punch.
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

CH3ezEC4KE

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:31 pm »
Not satisfied here. The AFL were too soft. The word "deal" should not be appearing in this context. Essendon put themselves above the game, insisting that they had done nothing wrong, and now they are making deals to soften the penalty?

Hird is adamant that his name had been tarnished yet he accepts a deal? This is weak. Quite frankly I would be embarrassed to be an Essendon supporter.

Useless. Essendon should be given the death penalty. 5 years no draft picks. $5M fine. No finals this year and playing for no points next season.

Just another example why I stopped watching AFL years ago. Like how Melbourne were found "innocent" in the tanking saga yet the club was fined and heads rolled. The 3 strike drug policy is also laughable. The league has no integrity.

Little: "We have learnt from our mistakes ... the club accepts the commission's penalty."
"James Hird told the commission tonight that he took responsibility for the club's shortcomings."

And he only cops a 12 month ban? Should be banned from the game FOR LIFE. The AFL knows Essendon = $$$. The league is too sackless to deliver a knockout punch.

I agree 100%

It will be interesting to see how they play this week considering there is no point

2014- Monash University Elite Athlete Program/Monash Sport Scholarship Recipient

Frozone

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I'm on my daily grind. My 9-5.
  • Respect: +9
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 10:17:14 pm »
I agree 100%

It will be interesting to see how they play this week considering there is no point

I'm guessing they'll be playing some of the VFL boys.
VCE 2013 - 2014:  Biology |English|Geography| Literature |Mathematical Methods [CAS] |Physical Education | Psychology

CH3ezEC4KE

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 10:36:22 pm »
Anyone watching footy classified? Pretty crazy interview.

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 10:42:15 pm »
Anyone watching footy classified? Pretty crazy interview.

Bomber just paid off his $30k fine

Murphy was an optimist

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

götze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 10:44:38 pm »
isnt it 2 mill

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »
isnt it 2 mill

Club fined $2M, bomber thompson $30k for his involvement.

Doesn't sound too good for Essendon. Confirming that they haven't been able to find out what the players were given. Yet the club can tell us they never took any prohibited substances. Ridiculous.

Murphy was an optimist

― Albert Einstein

götze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 10:52:03 pm »
True then you have all those essendon supporters claiming hird to be innocent and to stand by hard they make me laugh .

lala1911

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 11:02:23 pm »
If I stood by Hird would he jab me?

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:07 pm »
Couldn't give a shit about anything but North Melbourne's finals chances.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Professor Polonsky

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +118
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 12:42:45 am »

Yeah, okay.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what Essendon was actually charged for? Do you realise that the bans and punishment you are asking for are out of step with doping sanctions worldwide, even in cases where the doping was proved?

(Disclaimer: I hold allegiance to no AFL team apart from Greater Western Sydney. Carn the mighty Giants.)