Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:22:02 am

Author Topic: Past or current students who have done 13 or more units for the HSC.. thoughts??  (Read 2328 times)  Share 

twelftholmes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
Did you guys get the ATAR you wanted???

I know it will be a lot of work. I initially wanted to drop Business Studies (to have 11 units) which I really dislike the content, but I have found a few reasons to keep it. I don't know what to do.....

HSC 2020: English Advanced [71], Maths Adv [74]+ Ext [21], Physics [80], Ancient History [79], Business Studies [67]
ATAR: 68.50

round 2!!
HSC 2021: eng adv, math adv, physics, ancient history

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151

I know it will be a lot of work. I initially wanted to drop Business Studies (to have 11 units) which I really dislike the content, but I have found a few reasons to keep it. I don't know what to do.....

Hey,
I did 13 units for my HSC, and I know a couple of my friends did the same. I enjoyed all my classes and there wasn't really anything I wanted to drop (besides from English). I didn't find the content load that bad, mainly because I was interested in everything. I got the atar for guaranteed entry into my course but it was a little bit lower to what I was hoping.

If your only just starting yr 12 content now, you can always drop anytime during the year, if your feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work or are really hating the content of Business Studies.

Hope this helps!! :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

twelftholmes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
thanks so much dude!! i appreciate that advice. i've seen you around the ancient history parts of the forums and your answers are always really helpful.
HSC 2020: English Advanced [71], Maths Adv [74]+ Ext [21], Physics [80], Ancient History [79], Business Studies [67]
ATAR: 68.50

round 2!!
HSC 2021: eng adv, math adv, physics, ancient history

sunbunbri

• Adventurer
  • 好好学习,天天向上!Study hard & you will improve!
  • Respect: +10

I personally started year 12 off with 13 units and dropped down to 11 because 13 was way too much for me. I would not recommend taking 12+ units as personally I just think it’s too much. But also consider that I took 3 extension classes, a LOTE subject and had 2 major works haha.. that probably contributed a lot towards my decision to drop ancient at the end of term 2. Play it by ear, consider the weight and type of classes you take and listen to your best judgement for this one. Only you can know what is too much for you! Someone I knew in the year above me took 14 units lol. Good luck!! :D
HSC 2019: Adv Eng (89), Ext Eng 1 (46), Ext Eng 2 (44), Modern History (86) Society & Culture (95), Chinese Continuers (89) & Chinese Ext (43).

ATAR:   94.30

2020: Bachelor of Education (secondary) & Bachelor of Arts - English & History @ USYD