Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:03:12 am

Author Topic: Need help with hsc choosing for subjects  (Read 919 times)  Share 

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Need help with hsc choosing for subjects
« on: July 17, 2019, 12:02:20 pm »
So I知 in year 11 and well things are going great but I知 contemplating on what subjects I should drop for next year so I can manage all my units, as I知 going to take on extension 2 English as well so I need to drop a few minutes to make it 10 or 11. I知 currently doing 13 units:
Advanced English
Extension English 1
Standard Maths 1
Biology
Business
Legal
2 units religion

And like I知 thinking of dropping business and maths, but then idk cause maths is a life skill.  Any advice on how many units to manage or what subjects may be good. My weakest subject is maths and my strongest and most passionate next to English are probably religion, legal and biology.

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
Re: Need help with hsc choosing for subjects
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 06:53:23 pm »
So I知 in year 11 and well things are going great but I知 contemplating on what subjects I should drop for next year so I can manage all my units, as I知 going to take on extension 2 English as well so I need to drop a few minutes to make it 10 or 11. I知 currently doing 13 units:
Advanced English
Extension English 1
Standard Maths 1
Biology
Business
Legal
2 units religion

And like I知 thinking of dropping business and maths, but then idk cause maths is a life skill.  Any advice on how many units to manage or what subjects may be good. My weakest subject is maths and my strongest and most passionate next to English are probably religion, legal and biology.

Hey!
So first I would recommend that you know roughly what you want to do after school.
For example, most USYD courses require a band 4 in advanced maths.
I think it would be great that you continue to try to get into or potentially enjoy business or math until the end of year 11, then you can definitely decide which subjects you enjoy or do not enjoy.
Remember that you don't have to do math, you can always to bridging courses if required in university, so you can focus on your strengths. Also take into account whether you're comfortable or not sitting on 10 compared to 11/12 units.
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Need help with hsc choosing for subjects
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:52:51 pm »
thanks for the advice