Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:11:42 pm

Author Topic: vTextbook Commenting  (Read 1486 times)  Share 

speedy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
vTextbook Commenting
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:53:06 pm »
Not sure if this is the best place to put it but yeah...

I believe it would be wholly beneficial to allow comments on videos - primarily to pick up on errors. They are not a regular occurrence in the videos I have watched, but they do happen. I worry that other people watching the videos won't notice them, and thus become confused and/or retain the wrong information, similarly, I worry that I may have unaware of errors in my own knowledge. The presenters themselves may pick up on things they should have said differently, or made an error on and could notify viewers - this is something I see all the time on youtube.

I don't want to give the impression that errors are common, but they do occur and to ensure the videos stay relevant, viewers should be notified.

Furthermore, questions could be posted in the comments, which could be clarified by the presenter or others.
Physics [50] | Chemistry [45] | English [42] | IT:SD [44]
ATAR: 98.95

DavidB3ck

• CTO
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I do things sometimes.
  • Respect: +45
Re: vTextbook Commenting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:46:55 am »
Not sure if this is the best place to put it but yeah...

I believe it would be wholly beneficial to allow comments on videos - primarily to pick up on errors. They are not a regular occurrence in the videos I have watched, but they do happen. I worry that other people watching the videos won't notice them, and thus become confused and/or retain the wrong information, similarly, I worry that I may have unaware of errors in my own knowledge. The presenters themselves may pick up on things they should have said differently, or made an error on and could notify viewers - this is something I see all the time on youtube.

I don't want to give the impression that errors are common, but they do occur and to ensure the videos stay relevant, viewers should be notified.

Furthermore, questions could be posted in the comments, which could be clarified by the presenter or others.

It is being worked on. Don't have a very accurate ETA at the moment, but likely soon-ish.