Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:35:00 am

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 260130 times)  Share 

joshgoundar

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #795 on: February 03, 2019, 06:34:31 pm »
+2
Can anyone help me with the 'relationships or interrelationships between factors and dimensions of health and wellbeing?
Eg. How might someone's physical health and wellbeing impact on their mental health and wellbeing?
Preferably a list on how they relate to each other
I have a SAC on Tuesday and I'm really stuck :((
Thanks !!!
An individual experiencing good physical health and wellbeing is more likely to feel good about themselves and have positive self-esteem.
An indivudal who is physically inactive, may reduce their levels of confidence and self esteem
A person who becomes sick, may miss school/ work which can increase stress and anixety
2017: Biology, Psychology 
2018: English, Methods, Chemistry, Health and Human Development
2019: Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne

jacquii02

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #796 on: February 03, 2019, 08:33:17 pm »
could someone please explain to me the difference between the health indicators 'HALE' and "Life expectancy',
but without giving me the definitions of them both? an explanation on the benefits/ pros of using HALE would be helpful?

thanksss

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #797 on: February 04, 2019, 03:31:47 pm »
+4
could someone please explain to me the difference between the health indicators 'HALE' and "Life expectancy',
but without giving me the definitions of them both? an explanation on the benefits/ pros of using HALE would be helpful?

thanksss

Hi,
The main difference between HALE and life expectancy is that HALE is an indication of how many years IN FULL health a person is expected to live. On the other hand, life expectany is an indication of how many years OVERALL  a person is expected to live.
The main benefit of using HALE is that it is the number of healthy years an indivudal is expected to live  as it takes into account years spent in poor health.
Hope this helps

jacquii02

• Adventurer
« Reply #798 on: February 04, 2019, 09:15:55 pm »
Hi,
The main difference between HALE and life expectancy is that HALE is an indication of how many years IN FULL health a person is expected to live. On the other hand, life expectany is an indication of how many years OVERALL  a person is expected to live.
The main benefit of using HALE is that it is the number of healthy years an indivudal is expected to live  as it takes into account years spent in poor health.
Hope this helps

Thank you so much for your help!

galaxy21

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #799 on: March 14, 2019, 06:18:56 pm »
Hi guys,
Just wondering...with the study design dot point the contribution to Australia’s health status and burden of disease of smoking, alcohol, high body mass index, and dietary risks (under-consumption of vegetables, fruit and dairy foods; high intake of fat, salt and sugar; low intake of fibre and iron). (Unit 3 AOS 1), do we have to know any data relating to these dietary risks and contributing factors, or just general conditions that they can lead to?
Thanks! :)
2018 - Biology, Further
2019 - English, Chemistry, Methods, Health and Human Development
2020 - Bachelor of Science (Melbourne Uni)

jacquii02

• Adventurer
« Reply #800 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a response to 'how does a stable ecosystem  promote health and wellbeing?' I always get confused with this prerequisite and sustainable resources, and would appreciate a good go-to response!

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #801 on: March 18, 2019, 12:37:02 am »
+3
Hi guys,
Just wondering...with the study design dot point the contribution to Australia’s health status and burden of disease of smoking, alcohol, high body mass index, and dietary risks (under-consumption of vegetables, fruit and dairy foods; high intake of fat, salt and sugar; low intake of fibre and iron). (Unit 3 AOS 1), do we have to know any data relating to these dietary risks and contributing factors, or just general conditions that they can lead to?
Thanks! :)
No just general conditions they lead to and impact on health status/burden of disease.
I just wrote out a model response for each risk factor when I did HHD (example below)
HOW DOES A UNDERCONSUMPTION OF DAIRY IMPACT HEALTH STATUS AND BURDEN OF DISEASE
Dairy plays a vital role in promoting peak bone mass, due to being a rich source of calcium. If an adequate amount of dairy is not consumed, bones may become weak and brittle which may lead to osteoporosis, which increases the risk of fractures.  Living with this osteoporosis will contribute to the YLD portion of burden of disease. Osteoporosis might also increase morbidity rates and decrease health adjusted life expectancy.

Hope this helps :)

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #802 on: March 18, 2019, 12:39:32 am »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a response to 'how does a stable ecosystem  promote health and wellbeing?' I always get confused with this prerequisite and sustainable resources, and would appreciate a good go-to response!

A STABLE ECOSYSTEM (definition)-A STABLE ECOSYSTEM IS ACHIEVED WHEN BALANCE IS ACHIEVED BETWEEN THE ENVIRONMNET AND THE SPECIES THAT LIVE IN THE ENVIRONMNET. STABJLITY INDICATES THAT ALL LIVING THINGS ARE HAVING THEIR NEEDS FOR FOOD, WATER, SHELTER AND REPRODUCTION ARE MET WITHOUT CAUSINGG DETRIMENTAL EFFECTS TO THE NATURAL ENVIRONMNET.
•When the ecosystem is stable, individuals are able to have their food and water requirements met hence contributing to the overall functioning of their body and its organs, which affects physical health and wellbeing
•Having clean air and water in the environment, reduced levels of anxiety as individuals don’t need to stress about not having access to these survival essentials, improving mental health and wellbeing

galaxy21

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #803 on: March 18, 2019, 07:12:19 am »
No just general conditions they lead to and impact on health status/burden of disease.
I just wrote out a model response for each risk factor when I did HHD (example below)
HOW DOES A UNDERCONSUMPTION OF DAIRY IMPACT HEALTH STATUS AND BURDEN OF DISEASE
Dairy plays a vital role in promoting peak bone mass, due to being a rich source of calcium. If an adequate amount of dairy is not consumed, bones may become weak and brittle which may lead to osteoporosis, which increases the risk of fractures.  Living with this osteoporosis will contribute to the YLD portion of burden of disease. Osteoporosis might also increase morbidity rates and decrease health adjusted life expectancy.

Amazing thank you so much!!! ;D
2018 - Biology, Further
2019 - English, Chemistry, Methods, Health and Human Development
2020 - Bachelor of Science (Melbourne Uni)

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #804 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:56 pm »
From Checkpoints 2019:
Identify two health promotion actions used in Australia, targeted at reducing the uptake of smoking among young people. Suggest why this health promotion strategy may have been effective in reducing smoking among teenagers.

I don't know anything else other than Quitline.
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #805 on: July 20, 2019, 11:10:53 am »
Hi guys!
I have a question regarding health status indicators;

There are many questions about the contribution of certain risk factors to health status. When discussing the incidence and prevalence of a certain condition, how do I know which one to use?

- Eg: "Due to smoking, there is an increased __________ of lung cancer.."

How do I know whether to use the term incidence or prevalence in this example?

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #806 on: July 20, 2019, 11:39:15 am »
+1
Hi guys!
I have a question regarding health status indicators;

There are many questions about the contribution of certain risk factors to health status. When discussing the incidence and prevalence of a certain condition, how do I know which one to use?

- Eg: "Due to smoking, there is an increased __________ of lung cancer.."

How do I know whether to use the term incidence or prevalence in this example?

Hey,
Why not use both- I sure did.
With the example you provided, smoking will increase both the incience (number of new cases) and the prevalence (total number of cases of lung cancer pesent in society. In 99.99% of cases, increased incidences means increase prevalence
 My teacher said it was best to include two indicators in your response.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:41:10 am by ChiaraS »

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #807 on: July 20, 2019, 11:42:35 am »
Hey,
Why not use both- I sure did.
With the example you provided, smoking will increase both the incience (number of new cases) and the prevalence (total number of cases of lung cancer pesent in society. In 99.99% of cases, increased incidences means increase prevalence
 My teacher said it was best to include two indicators in your response.

Thank you so much.

cdel

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #808 on: July 21, 2019, 09:35:01 pm »
Does anyone have an answer guide or examples for questions like "evaluate the effectiveness of the HDI in measuring human development"

Thankyou

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #809 on: July 21, 2019, 11:18:08 pm »
+1
Does anyone have an answer guide or examples for questions like "evaluate the effectiveness of the HDI in measuring human development"

Thankyou

Hey,
ADVANATGES OF THE HDI
•   Enables more accurate comparison between countries as it uses a single statistic to rank countries
•   Focuses on education, which helps measures access to knowledge and ability to expand choices and enhance capabilities
•   Focus on more than just the economic growth of a country
LIMITATIONS OF THE HDI
•   Does not address all aspects of human development, such as gender equality
•   Based on averages and as a result does not indicate inequalities that may exist within a country
•   Data collection may not be reliable in some countries