Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:19:34 pm

Author Topic: Great Expectations Resource / Module B essay structure Help Please...  (Read 3126 times)

david.ko3

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Hi!
Sorry for spam posting... But does anyone have good resources for Great Expectations? I believe Great Expectations is a new text to the new syllabus and I couldn't find any resources in the notes in the ATARNotes website. Please link me any resource that I can find myself helpful T.T Our teachers are wrapping up Module B when Module B is the hardest module in the English. Thank you so much!!!  :)

Also, how would I structure a critical essay for Module B? Is it a lot different to the comparative essay and the essays for human experience? Thank you so much and any help is appreciated!!

infinityandbeyond

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
+1
Hey!

I haven't studied Great Expectations but I have an idea for the structure of the a critical study of literature response.
Just like an other essay, you write in your body paragraph about:
-an idea/concept that is explored in the text
-textual evidence that amplifies the idea/concept (e.g. quote)
-the effect of evidence on the responder and how it allows the composer to give meaning.
Additionally for this module, you need to support your argument with
-a critic's response and (an explanation of it, if needed)
-an analytical focus on the textual integrity of the text (i.e form, language, structure and form <--- these features are basically your evidence)

Remember this module wants you to focus on the detail of the text and that makes your text amazing. Make sure to have your personal perspective in it as markers love a unique voice!

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
+1
Hi!
Sorry for spam posting... But does anyone have good resources for Great Expectations? I believe Great Expectations is a new text to the new syllabus and I couldn't find any resources in the notes in the ATARNotes website. Please link me any resource that I can find myself helpful T.T Our teachers are wrapping up Module B when Module B is the hardest module in the English. Thank you so much!!!  :)

Also, how would I structure a critical essay for Module B? Is it a lot different to the comparative essay and the essays for human experience? Thank you so much and any help is appreciated!!

Hey David!

Have you had a look at academia.com or google scholar - keeping in mind you want critical readings on form, textual integrity and all that rather than specific readings e.g. 'feminist' or 'post-colonial'

In terms of structure, it really depends on the question - but ensure you're having textual integrity flow through your essay and looking at WHY and HOW in terms of context, composer choices, form etc.

Hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}