Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:07:50 pm

Author Topic: The Walking Dead S9  (Read 2970 times)

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
The Walking Dead S9
« on: January 04, 2020, 11:30:47 am »
WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Ok. What the hell just happened.

I just finished season 9 of The Walking Dead - I am confused... I don't know how to feel.
Ngl tho, season nine has probably been my favourite season out of the whole series, I just think that character development was a lot more prominent, the plot was less predictable, it was emotional... I don't think I've been this emotional watching TWD since the first episode of season 7 (RIP Glenn <3)

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I love Negan. I think he is such a complex antagonist, he is definitely different from all the other "bad guys" we've been introduced to throughout the series. I don't think he's a bad person, I think he is a good person who has done bad things. I love the relationship he had with Carl and has with Judith (even though I hated Carl - sue me). I actually have a poster of Negan holding Lucille handing up in my room - but I digress.

Isn't grown up Judith just a little badass though? I honestly love her so much. But my all time favourite character is definitely Daryl. I think he is a very complex character, like Negan. My mum thinks he is gonna hook up with Connie, but idk about that one.

Ok back to season nine....
1. Where the hell is Rick? Who is the helicopter man Jadis was talking to? Where is he taking them? What is an A? What is a B?
2. Jadis and Gabriel? Ew
3. Gabriel and Rosita? What is happening here?
4. Where the hell is Maggie?
5. Why hasn't Jesus risen yet? It's been more than 3 days... (low-key sad about this one - I liked Jesus :'()
6. Michone has turned into a party pooper but I guess we learn why at the end of the season and then she becomes less of a party pooper so all is forgiven
7. I'm not sure how I feel about Ezekiel and Carol being a thing. I definitely don't like Ezekiel telling Daryl to leave
8. Can we talk about how awesome Jerry is? Jerry appreciation thread ;D
9. Henry was an idiot and I didn't like him - just like how I hated Carl. Don't really care that he's dead.
10. Henry and Lydia... you've known each other for max a week. You don't go professing your love for people you just met...
11. Lydia is alright, I don't mind her
12. Ok, I love Judith, but there is no way she can remember back as far as she supposedly does
13. I love Dog, and I'm really glad Daryl found him
14. The highway men are pretty cool - oh, wait... they were pretty cool...
15. WHY THE HELL DID THEY KILL TARA?!?!?
16. I wasn't too fussed on Enid - but I guess her and Alden were a cute couple (what a shame...)
17. Alden was being a jerk to Lydia... After coming from the saviours and people treating him the way they did, he of all people should know what it feels like to be an outcast...
18. I love Luke <3 however, I may be biased because I'm a big Harry Potter fan, and I also loved the baker from Fantastic Beasts.... ;D
19. The new group (Luke, Connie, Magna, Yumiko, and Kelly) seem alright - but I just don't like Kelly... she's just so annoying!!!!
20. I love how Connie is portrayed by an actress who is deaf in really life - I approve of the casting choice :)
21. How did Beta survive falling down the elevator shaft thingy? No way in hell he coulda survived that...

I thought The Whisperers were an interesting group... really weird though... I was low-key shook when I heard walkers talking, and then I learnt that they weren't actually walkers.

Anywho, I'm excited to start watching season 10 eventually... but man was this season a roller coaster of emotions..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:05:56 pm by K.Smithy »
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics