Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:08:38 am

Author Topic: Thanks to the psych board community  (Read 796 times)  Share 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Thanks to the psych board community
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:31:34 pm »
+16
Hey everyone,

This is a shout out to you. For asking questions and answering them, for recommending activities and participating in them, for upvoting posts and even for simply lurking as a number viewing this board. When I became the psych mod earlier this year I had ideas but no way of knowing how people would respond to them, and I'm incredibly glad that you have been responding. I'm proud of the community we have here - the community that you've built.

Remember that no matter what tomorrow holds that you've already passed (your teachers already decided that), and that you'll continue to be supported. Tomorrow is the chance to demonstrate that you've learnt this year and that you understand that psychology is built on continuums rather than absolutes. You know that you fluctuate in your aspects and that a couple of hours is not a valid or accurate generalisation to your life. I hope that you have a good breakfast tomorrow and give yourself the protective factor of a healthy diet. I hope that you help your affective, cognitive and behavioural functioning by getting some decent sleep. Most of all, I hope that you walk into that exam knowing you can do well but even if you left the sheet blank you won't fail - all you can do is build.

Best of luck,

miniturtle

rani_b

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +67
Re: Thanks to the psych board community
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:54:08 pm »
+4
THANK YOU!!! You've honestly been such a huge help this whole year because I have asked A LOT of questions and I'm so thankful that you took the time to answer them!

Thank you to everyone else who answered my questions as well  :D

Good luck everyone  ;D
2019 ATAR: 99.85

Selling: English [50] & Lit [48] essays! PM for details.

studyingg

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 04:14:07 pm »
+4
Hey everyone,

This is a shout out to you. For asking questions and answering them, for recommending activities and participating in them, for upvoting posts and even for simply lurking as a number viewing this board. When I became the psych mod earlier this year I had ideas but no way of knowing how people would respond to them, and I'm incredibly glad that you have been responding. I'm proud of the community we have here - the community that you've built.

Remember that no matter what tomorrow holds that you've already passed (your teachers already decided that), and that you'll continue to be supported. Tomorrow is the chance to demonstrate that you've learnt this year and that you understand that psychology is built on continuums rather than absolutes. You know that you fluctuate in your aspects and that a couple of hours is not a valid or accurate generalisation to your life. I hope that you have a good breakfast tomorrow and give yourself the protective factor of a healthy diet. I hope that you help your affective, cognitive and behavioural functioning by getting some decent sleep. Most of all, I hope that you walk into that exam knowing you can do well but even if you left the sheet blank you won't fail - all you can do is build.

Best of luck,

miniturtle

Thank you so much miniturtle! Thanks for all of the thoughtful activities, for answering so many of my questions, and just being such a great help by giving me and others detailed, acurate and helpful information and advice!! I really hope tomorrow goes well for all of us! (ps I love all of the references to the study design (;)

Hope everyone aces it!!!!! :))

KiNSKi01

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 05:57:52 pm »
+4
let's get this bread

Thanks to everyone for the help and miniturtle for being a dope mod

Good luck everyone
ATAR: 98.20

'18: