Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:42:10 am

Author Topic: Features of Aussie English in Action!  (Read 1214 times)  Share 

dmitridr

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • VCE English Language Tutor
  • Respect: +38
Features of Aussie English in Action!
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:21:18 pm »
*** FEATURES OF AUSSIE ENGLISH - IN ACTION - READ NOW! ***

Hi everyone!

In today's article, I want to look at an example of Australian English in action and how you can identify features within this text. How will this help you in your upcoming SACs in term 3? Well, if you know WHY Australian English is the way it is, then you can easily identify features and interlink them to cultural values :) Great for essays!

YOU CAN READ THE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/arts/losing-lingo/2009/04/30/1240982342359.html

To give you some hints, I would recommend taking a look at a few different noticeable features:

- Diminutives (morphology)
- Lexemes of indigenous origins
- Inference (coherence)
- Australian colloquialisms
- Vowel length – phonemic

FINALLY, if you really want an amazing and detailed introduction to Unit 4 AOS 1, then I will be running a workshop for all EL students on Saturday July 8th in the Melbourne CBD. I am super excited! See signature below!

See you then!
Dmitri :)
Winter EL Workshop on Unit 4 AOS 1! Click here!

Need VCE English Language tutoring? Offering personal and group tutoring! See more details here!

Require a VCE tutor for any subject? - Click here!

Learn the entire VCE English Language 3/4 course inside out, in an interactive & engaging way! Get 25% OFF the full price today: Click here.