Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 03:53:01 pm

Poll

Business Management or Legal Studies 3/4?

Business Management
15 (55.6%)
Legal Studies
12 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: 3/4 Business Management or Legal Studies?  (Read 7515 times)  Share 

teamsolomid123

• Fresh Poster
  • whats language analysis
  • Respect: 0
3/4 Business Management or Legal Studies?
« on: October 15, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »
I'm dropping one of my subjects but my only options to choose from are either Legal or Business. I heard that the business course next year is going to change whilst legal will remain the same. According to people doing business management 3/4 this year, they say it's extremely stressful and also that business will be even more harder next year. For Legal, i hear its a very content heavy subject and i think i've got enough subjects for memory. So what are your thoughts about which subject i should do next year, LEGAL OR BUSINESS;D ;D
Units 1&2: Biology   English   Revolutions   HHD   General A

Units 3&4: VCE VET Community Services

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: 3/4 Business Management or Legal Studies?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 07:40:00 pm »
Both subjects are content heavy. Have a look at the study designs for each subject and get an idea of what content is included. I'd pick the one that interests you more or the one that is more relevant to your future university degree (if you've had a chance to think about it at all).
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:39:18 pm »
I'm dropping one of my subjects but my only options to choose from are either Legal or Business. I heard that the business course next year is going to change whilst legal will remain the same. According to people doing business management 3/4 this year, they say it's extremely stressful and also that business will be even more harder next year. For Legal, i hear its a very content heavy subject and i think i've got enough subjects for memory. So what are your thoughts about which subject i should do next year, LEGAL OR BUSINESS;D ;D

It's really up to you - I do both, and personally I'd pick legal over business, but ultimately it should be your decision.

Legal definitely has more content than business, and legal involves a lot of evaluating and that type of thing - but I myself found it really, really interesting, whilst I found some parts of business quite dry.

As Aaron suggested, it's definitely worth having a look at the study designs to see which seems more interesting for you; keeping in mind that the business study design will be different in 2017 (although a lot of the content is the same).
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

nutella345

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 09:42:01 pm »
i'm having the same problem as to whether to chose business or legal 3/4. I heard that for business you have to keep up to date with news to do well. Is this necessary? Also I've heard that legal is harder but business is more tedious. Please help!!!

SamJam99

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 10:15:42 pm »
i'm having the same problem as to whether to chose business or legal 3/4. I heard that for business you have to keep up to date with news to do well. Is this necessary? Also I've heard that legal is harder but business is more tedious. Please help!!!

It's actually the opposite. Legal places a large emphasis on examples and in order to do well you should/need to have recent examples to differentiate you from the rest (hence why you should stay to date with the news). If you choose to do legal then make an attempt to watch the news to at least have a general idea of what's going on in parliament and the law. In terms of difficulty, legal is harder than business management although, they're both relatively straightforward. They're both kinda the same in the sense that they require a particular structure and some answers (more so with business) require you to hit certain points in order to gain full marks, but I'm not sure whether I'd describe this as "tedious" because after a while it becomes second nature.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:20:05 pm by SamJam99 »
2015-2017: VCE [98.35] including Business Management [50]

Guide to a 98+ ATAR
Business Management Notes