Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:01:18 am

Author Topic: How much PDA is acceptable?  (Read 1844 times)  Share 

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
How much PDA is acceptable?
« on: July 15, 2018, 04:17:41 pm »
+6
Story time: My sister (she's 17) currently has this boyfriend (who I dislike), and they have both been displaying disgusting amounts of PDA at places like the local libraries and on trains recently. My mum and I now have this situation where we have to return to a cafe (which we know the owner of) to apologise for my sister and her boyfriend's inappropriate display of PDA from the other day there.

My question: What amount of PDA is acceptable, and where do you think PDA is acceptable?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:19:36 pm by insanipi »
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: How much PDA is acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 04:37:31 pm »
+6
Holding hands or a peck on the cheek are fine imo, but I don't like anything beyond that. Not just looking at it, but I feel uncomfortable with being part of anything more than that. It just makes other people uncomfortable, and it you're with other people and you're turning them into a third-wheel, you're just being inconsiderate

Being intimate is perfectly okay, but it's definitely a private thing. You don't need to shout to the whole world 'oi look i'm dating this person'.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:36:43 pm »
+5
Can I ask what the heck your sister and her partner are doing to warrant actually going back to apologise? Far out! Must be intense! ;D

I think context is a bit important. Like, I'll give Steph a bit of a kiss out in public if it's not a place where people are forced to look at or otherwise be close to us. I think little pecks and cuddles are fine pretty much anywhere, personally.

But clearly limits. I remember once I was at Wet and Wild on the Gold Coast and saw this couple all over each other to insane levels. Really gross, ahaha ;D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 10:52:19 pm »
Can I ask what the heck your sister and her partner are doing to warrant actually going back to apologise? Far out! Must be intense! ;D

I think context is a bit important. Like, I'll give Steph a bit of a kiss out in public if it's not a place where people are forced to look at or otherwise be close to us. I think little pecks and cuddles are fine pretty much anywhere, personally.

But clearly limits. I remember once I was at Wet and Wild on the Gold Coast and saw this couple all over each other to insane levels. Really gross, ahaha ;D
I never thought I'd have to recount this again, but the gist of it: they were insanely all over each other, ahaha :') (I mean I've also witnessed this in my bedroom- which I share with my sister... I was on a Skype call at the time and I felt bad that the person I was Skyping somewhat had to witness that too ahaha >.>)
(Also ew re: Wet and Wild haha :') )

Personally I feel anything more than what's already been mentioned is just OTT in public where people are going to look. :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:20:25 pm »
+1
I never thought I'd have to recount this again, but the gist of it: they were insanely all over each other, ahaha :')

I will run with assumption and say I'm sorry you have to bear witness!! :P

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 06:41:53 am »
+3
I can't even handle hand-holding or kisses of any sort in public.
Not going to lie, it's different when you're the one in the relationship. But I still hated anything I didn't initiate (what a double standard lol).
I don't know what it is but I just think intimacy is really a private thing. But that's my unrealistic expectation and yes, when in love nothing else matters I guess. Barf.
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 08:35:20 pm »
In movies it's always cute and romantic, but in real life it's sort of gross.

On the bus I catch there's sometimes this couple who are on it and they are constantly making out. :-[
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)