Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:04:10 pm

Author Topic: I don't know what to do!  (Read 1212 times)  Share 

Tatlidil

• Forum Regular
  • Math is Life
  • Respect: +1
I don't know what to do!
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:25:53 pm »
Guys, I need help! School starts next week Thursday for me and I barely did anything to prepare for my year 12.
Any suggestions on what I should do to stay ahead or improve before my final year begins, or any advice?
I know what I'm going to do when it starts, I just don't know what to do now in the final week of my holidays!
Thanks in advance!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: I don't know what to do!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:28:54 pm »
+1
Holiday homework?

If you've done that - maybe it would be worth getting ahead even by a week or so.. for maths, if you know the exercises maybe get ahead a bit and have questions ready for your teacher.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 01:32:16 pm »
+1
- Get into a routine. I’d recommend fixing your sleep cycle in order to ensure you will be ready for when school starts. If you will be sleeping from 11-7 in the term, start doing that now.

- I’d also recommend getting organised. This includes things like getting a calendar or using an online one, planning out how much time you aim to study daily, how you are going to stay on top of all your work, where you will be studying, your stationary, your goals and aims.

- Start on the work for the year. That’s it. Really. Just start doing it now so you can hit the ground running when year 12 starts.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Tatlidil

• Forum Regular
  • Math is Life
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 01:42:28 pm »
Holiday homework?

If you've done that - maybe it would be worth getting ahead even by a week or so. for maths, if you know the exercises maybe get ahead a bit and have questions ready for your teacher.
- Get into a routine. I’d recommend fixing your sleep cycle in order to ensure you will be ready for when school starts. If you will be sleeping from 11-7 in the term, start doing that now.

- I’d also recommend getting organised. This includes things like getting a calendar or using an online one, planning out how much time you aim to study daily, how you are going to stay on top of all your work, where you will be studying, your stationery, your goals and aims.

- Start on the work for the year. That’s it. Really. Just start doing it now so you can hit the ground running when year 12 starts.
So basically, Be like school starts today?
Hmm, makes sense. Then by the time school starts, I can get into a routine (and my handwriting will get better by then as well :P) Thanks guys!

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 02:26:35 pm »
I mean, don't start wearing your school uniform at home or anything. But yes, study, sleep and eat like school had started. We are creatures of habit :)
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 02:37:18 pm »
Guys, I need help! School starts next week Thursday for me and I barely did anything to prepare for my year 12.
Any suggestions on what I should do to stay ahead or improve before my final year begins, or any advice?
I know what I'm going to do when it starts, I just don't know what to do now in the final week of my holidays!
Thanks in advance!
probably don't need to be doing 6+ hours a day of work like you would be doing at school but just starting off small over the next week with maybe doing (in hours) 1, 2, 0, 2, 3, 3, etc could be good so there is no shock factor when you get back.

Tatlidil

• Forum Regular
  • Math is Life
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 02:42:33 pm »
I mean, don't start wearing your school uniform at home or anything. But yes, study, sleep and eat like school had started. We are creatures of habit :)
hahahaha nah not that much
probably don't need to be doing 6+ hours a day of work like you would be doing at school but just starting off small over the next week with maybe doing (in hours) 1, 2, 0, 2, 3, 3, etc could be good so there is no shock factor when you get back.
6 hours is school times, but ill be doing what ill be doing at home when school starts, you get it?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 02:57:24 pm »
6 hours is school times, but ill be doing what ill be doing at home when school starts, you get it?
"6+" encapsulates that