Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:43 pm

Author Topic: HELP! SHOULD I DROP A SUBJECT??  (Read 2082 times)

dennyntnoel

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
HELP! SHOULD I DROP A SUBJECT??
« on: July 10, 2020, 11:37:36 pm »
My school does 3 subjects in Year 11 and 3 subjects in Year 12. Half of the year is Prelim, the other half is HSC. This year I'm doing Legal Studies, Business Studies and Ancient History. I'm thinking of dropping Ancient History because its my worst subject, I came 3rd for it in Prelim with an A Grade and my latest internal exam I got 76% (19/25). Legal Studies and Business Studies are easier for me, I came 1st for them in Prelim and I've been getting As for my internal assessments. To be honest, I've favoured the other 2 over Ancient (especially legal studies).

I have trials in 8 weeks, I've started studying in the holidays, but I'm just thinking of dropping Ancient - it's stressful, and I don't find it interesting or am naturally inclined to it. Next year I'm going to do English, Maths and hopefully Modern History if it's available, and I can always retake Ancient History next year if it's not. I'm thinking that if I drop Ancient History I could secure band 6s for Business & Legal.

My ATAR goal is 90 and Ancient History doesn't have anything to do with my long term plans as I want to do a Commerce or Business/Law degree.

Please let me know from past experience or your own judgement if I should drop Ancient History so close to Trials when I'm already done with it halfway. Please let me know if you think going down 10 units will affect my ATAR. Thanks!