Administration > Announcements

The rise of IRC on ATARNotes once more (come join in!)

(1/2) > >>

heids:
Hey, guys!

if you haven't already noticed, excitingly, our #atarnotes Chat button is back!

It may be a 90s throwback, but it's just a generally great place to procrastinate hang out with a bunch of like-minded misfits friends.  IRC makes casual chats, cheeky banter and closer friendships with AN regulars really easy (including some of the mods, because there's generally one or two of us lurking in the background ;)).  Sick of chatting to someone over PM but don't want to give personal deets?  Set up a time to hop on IRC and start a PM conversation with them there.  And... life is stressful, so remember we're also always up for a chat if you just need someone to vent to. =]

Just remember that we're busy and don't check IRC much, so you'll probably have to start the conversation by greeting us individually by our IRC handle, and wait a bit.  You're all super welcome, no matter how much you've participated on AN and no matter your grad year.

You can go through this link, but if you're intending to use chat often, you'll find it easier if you install HexChat and connect to Freenode and #atarnotes through that.  Also check out these basic IRC commands.

So come join in - look forward to seeing you there and getting to know you better! :D

sweetiepi:
So I'm just going to bump this up, because it is 100% worthwhile!

The cheeky banter that goes on/venting over stuff/debates about whether a certain chocolate is good or bad is just the start of it. Since using the IRC, there has been an increase of people I can talk too, whether it be for good or bad news, it's really great for the community to get to know one another, without having to be so formal. :D

But in all seriousness, Heidi should be applauded for bringing this little gem to our attention. :D

HighTide:

--- Quote from: insanipi on July 23, 2016, 07:30:38 pm ---But in all seriousness, Heidi should be applauded for bringing this little gem to our attention. :D

--- End quote ---
About time with all the silly things she says   :D

Cheeky bants with HighTide, grannysmith, EEEEEEP and others!? How can they resist?
ps. KitKat is best. Twix and Snickers are sub-par (just like the mods banter)

heids:

--- Quote from: insanipi on July 23, 2016, 07:30:38 pm ---without having to be so formal. :D
--- End quote ---

Excuse me.  We are extremely formal in IRC.  Step a toe out of line and you can be banned for it.  I beg that you do not spread this damaging propaganda any further, sweetiepi, or we may be required to permaban you to silence the frenzied throng.

--- Quote from: HighTide on July 23, 2016, 07:35:54 pm ---(just like the mods banter)
--- End quote ---

Mate are you ButtHurt about all that (or was it HighButt or something?)

heids:
Also guys I can't recommend enough downloading the IRC program HexChat (<-- through this link).

Then, through this, set your nick and then it'll prompt you to connect to a network - select Freenode and then join #atarnotes and you're all set!  You won't have to deal with annoying captchas, your conversations will be saved, and you have a nice wide screen to chat in :')

Seriously... try out IRC, hang silently in the background a few times maybe to see what goes on, and if you like it - get HexChat.  You won't regret it ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version