Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 05:19:33 pm

Author Topic: Monash Medicine MMI Tutoring by Lear  (Read 2096 times)  Share 

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Monash Medicine MMI Tutoring by Lear
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:00:32 pm »
+8
Hey guys! With the release of ATARs earlier this week I’ve decided to make a formal post regarding the Monash Medicine MMI tutoring service I will be offering this year.

About me
Having graduated from year 12 last year, I have just recently completed my first year of the Monash Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine course.

To be completely clear and upfront, I am not one of those entrants who received a high 99 ATAR or a high 90s UMAT score that could likely walk into the MMIs and receive an offer with a mediocre performance.

While my ATAR was not terrible, relative to the competitiveness of Monash Medicine it was a median score. Meanwhile my UMAT of 80% was well below par for the course which lead me to highly doubt the chances of me even attaining an interview. In turn, in your place last year I was already planning out what course I would do before applying for post-graduate medicine as you can see here

Ultimately, I managed to not only receive an interview (somehow) but also ended up with the ideal CSP Unbonded place within the first round! Given my unremarkable ATAR and UMAT (which make up 2/3 of the selection weighting), I strongly believe the only reason I went from the bottom of the pile for an interview to getting one of the top offers was a stellar performance in the MMIs.

MMI Classes
Supplemented by a plethora of resources, I have refined and made a 3-lesson curriculum out of the skills and knowledge that I used last year to have a consistent and perfected approach to training prospective students. These lessons will run for 2 hours and consist of prepared information, active practice and detailed feedback. There is also an optional full mock MMI session I will be offering students who are interested in extra practice.

I am located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne but am happy to travel to the city for tutoring in the state library.

Classes are $50 per hour for individual students but small group tutoring is available for $30 an hour.

Please PM on this forum if you are interested or have any questions.

Cheers and good luck to all!
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash