Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:56:20 pm

Author Topic: Class of 2020 General Discussion  (Read 15991 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Class of 2020 General Discussion
« on: January 30, 2019, 03:40:49 pm »
+6
The Class of 2020 for QCE will be the first to receive an ATAR, and there's going to be a lot of confusion surrounding the whole thing!

Use this thread to introduce yourself, chat with other QCEers, and just post about whatever's on your mind. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Class of 2020 General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 08:39:32 am »
+2
How are people feeling about Unit 3 & their first assessments?

Does year 12 feel more real now?

bella209

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 05:29:48 pm »
Hi! I just wanted to ask if a science subject is a requirement for ATAR eligibility?

aspiringantelope

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 05:38:05 pm »
+1
Hi! I just wanted to ask if a science subject is a requirement for ATAR eligibility?
No. It's just a certain amounts of unit. You don't have to complete a science subject unless you need it for a prerequisite.

Edit: Just realised with was QCE - I'm not too sure then.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 06:30:37 pm »
+3
Definitely not a requirement. :)

As hinted above, checking that it’s not a prerequisite for a dream degree is probably recommended. If you don’t find anything about that from the university websites, you’re all good.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 03:58:06 pm »
+2
Wishing good luck to everyone who has had unit 1&2 exams and to everyone who is continuing to go through them :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 11:40:34 am »
+1
-snip-

also would a moderator happen know why the latest post for the qce subjects thread seems to be that same post since November the 12th 2019 on the english page of qce *attached* ..

Hey guest,

I do know that some schools have already done their data tests and orals; good luck for yours & if you have any questions about preparing etc please feel free to ask! I have also written articles on data test prep which you might want to check out if you haven't already. Do you know what topic you'll do for your oral yet?

In regards to the image, I think that post has been shown due to being the most recent post in the top child board for that board, but I'm not sure why it's doing that rather than the actual most recent post - I'm certainly not an expert on the tech behind the forums.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 02:57:00 pm by Bri MT »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 01:16:08 pm »
+2
Just adding onto what Bri said about the post, generally, the posts in the child board don't show up as the most recent post for the board, but as the board itself doesn't have any posts that are not contained within a child board, it must be showing the most recent post in the top child board.

Do you enjoy English orals? I love persuasive speeches.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 03:29:32 pm »
+2
- snip -

I remember having a SAC (Vic equivalent of IA) for bio in the first couple of weeks back & that was my earliest. Not sure how I feel about having assessment before the year has started tbh.

No worries at all about the data test articles! Thanks for the feedback :)

Yeah this time the lecturers are from Queensland rather than bringing people in from interstate. I've talked to Ben the most (since both of us are science focused) and he's definitely switched-on, keen, got experience with the new system etc. so it should be a great advantage for you to get another perspective on how you can engage with the content.

You might be confusing Laura (current vce student) with Lauren (English lecturer at September qce lecturers).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 02:33:28 pm by Bri MT »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 05:42:21 pm »
You might be confusing Laura (current vce student) with Lauren (English lecturer at September qce lecturers).

haha ye xD
;D ;D

Speaking of OP scores guest, how does it feel to be one of the first people from Queensland to graduate with an ATAR? Are you looking forward to it or have you found the transition frustrating and uncertain?

As for whether Ben is on the forums, I'd have no idea, but Bri might know. If he is, he keeps a low profile though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:50:52 am by Bri MT »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 07:19:13 pm »
haha ye xD

That's cool! So Ben must've been one of the last ones to graduate with an OP, is he on the forums?

Pretty sure Ben isn't on the forums but he's part of the qce TuteSmart team & so is involved with AN that way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:50:03 am by Bri MT »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 11:00:41 am »
+1
Best of luck to all of you for your first week back at school!

Really, you're already pretty far in given that you started last year but it's still a big milestone - how's everyone feeling?

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 09:11:47 pm »
+2
Best of luck to all of you for your first week back at school!

Really, you're already pretty far in given that you started last year but it's still a big milestone - how's everyone feeling?

Nervous but excited :) Its relieving now that we kind of know what to expect in units 3 and 4 assessment wise. I'm particularly excited for events like formal (its not often I dress up fancy and get my makeup done - I am absolutely hopeless at makeup) and my school's fete (we hold a fete every second year).

Pretty keen to see how the year pans out :)
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 09:59:39 pm »
+2
Nervous but excited :) Its relieving now that we kind of know what to expect in units 3 and 4 assessment wise. I'm particularly excited for events like formal (its not often I dress up fancy and get my makeup done - I am absolutely hopeless at makeup) and my school's fete (we hold a fete every second year).

Pretty keen to see how the year pans out :)

Nice :)

I haven't tried to apply makeup before so I imagine if I did it would look a complete mess (let alone having to figure out what products to use etc.) I haven't been to a school fete before, what usually happens there?

Keen to follow your journey :)

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 10:17:10 pm »
+3
I haven't tried to apply makeup before so I imagine if I did it would look a complete mess (let alone having to figure out what products to use etc.)

Honestly, I tried it once and I ended up looking like a more insane Harley Quinn (imagine Suicide Squad version Harley Quinn) ;D I haven't been game to try it since.

I haven't been to a school fete before, what usually happens there?

Usually there will be a ton of stalls so you can buy stuff, get your face painted, get something to eat, play carnival styled games, and they usually have a "dunk the teacher" thing, which is usually really funny. They also usually have an art exhibition, a bunch of carnival rides, basketball competitions, jumping castles, etc. and a whole day full of performances (dance, drama, music, etc.)
It's good fun! :) All the profit from the day goes into funding for our schools sport teams so that they can go compete at competitions such as Confro (rugby league) and QISSN (netball).
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics