Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:35:07 am

Author Topic: Can internal mark/rank pull up my external mark?  (Read 974 times)

b0rn1e

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can internal mark/rank pull up my external mark?
« on: October 18, 2019, 01:59:29 pm »
Hello!

As we've all just finished our English exams, I've been feeling really gutted and lost because I know I performed badly for both my papers. I wasn't able to finish either of my papers and i put a lot of effort and work in studying for English so i feel very discouraged. Paper 1-i probably only got 65% of my common module essay, Paper 2- i didn't even write a reflection for Mod C and wrote a pretty poor creative response. English is usually one of my better subjects and I set really high expectations for myself- hoping I could do well so that it would bring my other marks up...but at this point it's not looking very likely.

I was wondering whether it's still possible for me to achieve a band 6 for English, and whether my internal rank/mark can pull my external mark?
My school generally ranks in the top 10-40's.
My course rank for English Advanced was 12/152 and my trial mark was 93/100.

I know it's too late to dwell on or regret my performance and I just have to go work harder for my other subjects but I'm just looking for some reassurance, hope or something to scare me to work harder!

Thank you so much if anyone can respond to this, and hoping that everyone else is happier about their performance!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:01:00 pm by b0rn1e »

_OwO_

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Can internal mark/rank pull up my external mark?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:09:03 pm »
Hi b0rn1e!
Oof seems like English hit pretty hard :(
 I definitely know how you feel though!
Your rank can definitely save you and pull you back up. Remember you could have estimated wrong here so your end mark could very well be better than you expect.
I don't want to give you false hope nor do I want to say you failed (because you definitely didn't!)
Band 6 is still possible depending on your cohort

goodluck!!!