Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:25:02 am

Author Topic: What options are most common?  (Read 1078 times)  Share 

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
What options are most common?
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:57:36 pm »
Hey guys, i'm just wondering what options (Pharma, Polyme, Disaster etc) is most common. Our class gets to choose, and I want to pick something that is done the least, in order to be scaled up.
Thank you

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
Re: What options are most common?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:42:50 pm »
Hey guys, i'm just wondering what options (Pharma, Polyme, Disaster etc) is most common. Our class gets to choose, and I want to pick something that is done the least, in order to be scaled up.
Thank you

Hey Kaan! Can't answer your question directly, but just thought I'd mention that you won't necessarily get scaled up for choosing a less popular option. Option scaling does occur, but it is done based on the standard of results across the options. Meaning, your option only scales up if the results for that option are low (on average). Really, it is done to bring everything in line, so you get no advantage in any Option - That's the point of the process ;D

We're talking very small adjustments too - Fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of your mark, let alone your ATAR :) I'd advise you guys to choose something that interests you! If it interests you, you will find it easier to study it, and that will push your results up naturally. Don't try and play the system for this sort of thing, because you can't really play it, and any benefit you may or may not gain is nothing compared to hard work :)