Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 09:33:59 pm

Author Topic: Vce, my school does not have a place left in methods so I might not get it.  (Read 2043 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Please help me  :(
My school told me that they do not have a place left in methods, so that means I might not get it. BUT I NEED METHODS FOR MY COURSE AT UNIVERSITY.

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
+2
Please help me  :(
My school told me that they do not have a place left in methods, so that means I might not get it. BUT I NEED METHODS FOR MY COURSE AT UNIVERSITY.

Is there an option for you to study it externally?
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Idk that is what I don't know, I will check with my school tho. But I really need to do methods that fact is for sure.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
+1
Idk that is what I don't know, I will check with my school tho. But I really need to do methods that fact is for sure.

Used to be DECV (distance education centre of Victoria) but they've changed names and I can't remember the new one. There's a few people on AN who study through them

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
+4
Used to be DECV (distance education centre of Victoria) but they've changed names and I can't remember the new one. There's a few people on AN who study through them

Virtual School Victoria.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Since we are here, I would also like to ask how does bridging programs work?Btw should I start to self study for methods and do a bridging and then pass? I know it sounds problematic, but it may be a few options I have left.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:22:19 pm by Stormbreaker-X »

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
+4
Since we are here, I would also like to ask how does bridging programs work?Btw should I start to self study for methods and do a bridging and then pass? I know it sounds problematic, but it may be a few options I have left.
I don’t know much about bridging programs myself, but, depending on institute and course, it could be a year of doing a subject (Maths in your case) or a year of studying the foundations for your intended course (e.g. foundation maths for engineering). You’d have to do the research yourself to get all the details.

Personally, I would prefer taking Methods over a bridging course, if possible. Methods covers things in more time and detail, compared to a bridging course, but a bridging course works well as a back up plan.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:54:33 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread