Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 07:53:15 pm

Author Topic: a journey on the yellow brick road  (Read 33545 times)

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: a journey on the yellow brick road
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 11:08:59 am »
+6
Needed to vent after my methods exam........

So, EXAM ONE IS OVER!!!! Am I happy with my performance? Not really. I felt good during reading time but started it and everything went down hill.....

1. Stuffed up a question regarding the max of the triangle - am so annoyed at myself because I could not think of how to diff it properly. My mind was running so fast but I found it so difficult to actually get something on the paper.

2. So many domain and range questions - literally my weakest point in methods so I guessed everything

3. Stuffed up the equation of the quartic because once again, my brain was working faster than my hand so I forgot the dilation.....

I'm so frustrated as I did so many practices, yet this exam went horribly.....

I'm honestly just hoping for the best tomorrow........I'm usually better at TA so.......

How did everyone else go?

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 06:36:23 pm »
+6
Hi!!! Felt like a jounral post today as I've been in such a lightened mood after methods was over. I dont want to blab on about it toooooo much, but I'll just mention a few things,

Exam 2 went decently well (well, a lot better than Ex 1 did). I'm hoping I managed around a 64/80, which I'll be super happy about if I did. Ex 1 went horribly, but I actually felt like I knew what I was doing in Ex 2, so I'm hoping thats enough to get me a study score of 35+. But anyway - METHODS IS OVER!!!!! I've never felt so relieved in my life!!! Although I wouldve liked to do better in the exams given that I studied so hard for it (made it to 40 exams in total whoop whoop!!) I've learnt so much through the process, and I've learnt so much on how I should tactfully approach all my subjects for next year. It certainly was a learning experience, and I'm glad I can go in too year 12 without being completely clueless on how to sit VCE exams. Anyway, despite how well I did, I'm planning to compile a list of things I've learnt throughout the year, so I can hopefully help future methods students :)

So nowwwwww - Unit 2 exams start next week, and I'm actually excited! No actual classes for 2 weeks yay! I'm feeling alright, kinda rushing through study for the ones earlier in the week as I'm behind on them as I have been doing lots of methods study, but am feeling okay. Currently working on English, then Spec (need to teach myself the last topic on particle equilibrium before Tuesday oops). I am feeling the most confident about my art exam - oh adding to that - I've been working on so many art projects lately, and starting another commission in the coming weeks which I'm super excited for.
I'm also excited to start studying for my physics exam - I didnt really like the subject at first, but am actually enjoying it now as its a combination of a lot of things that I like!

Hope you all have a great week!!

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 06:46:05 pm »
+2
I've never felt so relieved in my life!!! Although I wouldve liked to do better in the exams given that I studied so hard for it (made it to 40 exams in total whoop whoop!!) I've learnt so much through the process, and I've learnt so much on how I should tactfully approach all my subjects for next year.
I know right! One subject done and dusted! Are you excited for next year?

Anyway, despite how well I did, I'm planning to compile a list of things I've learnt throughout the year, so I can hopefully help future methods students
This is awesome! I'm sure this will be golden advice for future methods students!

All the best for your unit 2 exams!
 ;D

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 08:03:37 pm »
+4
I know right! One subject done and dusted! Are you excited for next year?

This is awesome! I'm sure this will be golden advice for future methods students!

All the best for your unit 2 exams!
 ;D

Thank you so much!! Although a little nervous going into next year - I am super excited!! I love doing things with purpose, so I am glad that every test and everything we do counts towards something important. Year 12 seems like a fun year aside from academics, so I am quite looking forward to it! Also cool knowing we are finally the oldest students in school :))))

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20:13 pm »
+1
Do you have your exam timetable for next week rr28? ;D

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 08:40:45 pm »
+5
Do you have your exam timetable for next week rr28? ;D

yep! super sorry for the late reply! Anyway, I thought I'd give an update about how my first 4 exams went...................

ENGLISH:
Genuinely good. My language analysis has improved a lot, and with text response I feel so much more comfortable in writing about author intent. Only downside in this exam was the comparative - I was so confused with the topics given! I tried my best to brainstorm a little but ended up taking toooo much time, causing me to only write 2 body paragraphs. Oh well. Overall, a pretty good exam :)

SPEC TF
Not a good exam. Did not do well. Over complicated it so much, and the wording of some of the questions confused me a lot. I'll leave this little story about it here:
Due to the exam, I studied statics of a particle very much over the weekend as I really didnt pay much attention in class when it was being taught. I understood it, as was super happy with myself.

Started doing the exam, was disappointed a question on that topic didnt come up.

Kinda stumbled through the exam.

Glanced at the person next to me in the last 30 secs who seemed to be busy working on a question with a diagram.

Where on earth was this?????
Quickly flicked through the exam - only to find the question on THE BACK PAGE. Time was now up, and a 4 mark question I studied so hard for was staring back at me, blank.

You could almost feel my disappointment. Guess I'll never forget to check the back page again.

SPEC TA

Couldve gone better tbh, but was def better than TF. Trig proofs killed me...

CHEMISTRY
Not good. Usually Chems my best subject and I've been doing so well this year, but this exam got me. I feel like we barely learnt anything that was on the exam, and had barely done any practices like this. I was so hoping it would go better.....literally everything I had studied didnt come, and everything that I thought wouldnt come came....geez, galvanic cells...

Anyway, I wish I couldve given a more positive recap ha ha. I have physics & art next week which I am feeling pretty good about! And then after that.....no school for like a week until jumpstart starts!! Yay!!!

How has everyone else been doing??

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 06:46:44 am »
+1
ENGLISH:
Genuinely good. My language analysis has improved a lot, and with text response I feel so much more comfortable in writing about author intent. Only downside in this exam was the comparative - I was so confused with the topics given! I tried my best to brainstorm a little but ended up taking toooo much time, causing me to only write 2 body paragraphs. Oh well. Overall, a pretty good exam :)
That's always my problem in timed English assessments. I just like a really thorough brainstorm.  It sounds like you're really confident with English. Congrats! ;D

SPEC TF
Not a good exam. Did not do well. Over complicated it so much, and the wording of some of the questions confused me a lot. I'll leave this little story about it here:
Due to the exam, I studied statics of a particle very much over the weekend as I really didnt pay much attention in class when it was being taught. I understood it, as was super happy with myself.

Started doing the exam, was disappointed a question on that topic didnt come up.

Kinda stumbled through the exam.

Glanced at the person next to me in the last 30 secs who seemed to be busy working on a question with a diagram.

Where on earth was this?????
Quickly flicked through the exam - only to find the question on THE BACK PAGE. Time was now up, and a 4 mark question I studied so hard for was staring back at me, blank.

You could almost feel my disappointment. Guess I'll never forget to check the back page again.

SPEC TA

Couldve gone better tbh, but was def better than TF. Trig proofs killed me...

Oh my goodness- that would have been so frustrating! Definitely done that before.

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 09:53:49 am »
+7
Exams are overrrrrrr (well they were over a few days ago but I finally decided to stop being lazy and update this now ha ha. I'm honestly feeling so relieved - I can only imagine how it will feel like to finish exams at the end of next year!

Heres a quick rundown of how my other two exams went:

PHYSICS
Surprisingly easy! Thought I did pretty well, did make some silly errors which I know of, as I complicated things too much during the exam - but think I did pretty well.
We get our marks back on Wednesday, which I'm super nervous for, and then we start our next years subjects - I'm actually so excited!!

I dont have school for a couple of days, so I'm excited to work on some of my personal projects, and draw lots! Also this hot weather is making me feel super productive  8)

Hope you all have a lovely day :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:48:01 pm by ArtyDreams »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 03:44:12 pm »
+3
Awesome work on getting through your exams! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 05:32:56 pm »
+2
Enjoy your freedom! It really is a fantastic feeling. If you ever feel comfortable, I'd love to see some of your drawing or art.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2019, 08:37:24 pm »
+4
If you're going to copy-paste in the url you need to make sure the only thing on the page is the image :)

is this what you meant?

These images look incredible!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 06:27:33 am »
+2
Oh my goodness! That artwork is beautiful! (@J41, I think AN needs a heart eyed emoji for moments like this.)

Are you still going to your old subjects until Friday? Is there work to do or is it just having fun? ;D

ArtyDreams

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 08:27:50 am »
+2
Oh my goodness! That artwork is beautiful! (@J41, I think AN needs a heart eyed emoji for moments like this.)

Are you still going to your old subjects until Friday? Is there work to do or is it just having fun? ;D

Thanks Laura!
We've actually had days off school - I'm making the most of it ha ha.

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2019, 10:06:52 pm »
+2
(Really wanted my Year 10 teacher again, coz she was great!! We had a great connection and I literally just missed her class based off a 50/50 chance. Shes teaching in my spares  :'( )
Would you be able to ask if you can change classes? If she's teaching during your free periods, you can transfer and then have your current English classes become your spares. Is that possible at your school? I know some people who did that for a class at my school. If you can do it, then why not, it's your last year :)

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 06:43:57 pm »
Yeah I really really want to, but I feel like I wouldnt be allowed as I havent experienced my new teacher before and dont have a valid excuse for changing. A few people have but it was mainly because they had issues with the current teacher.

I was seriously considering though, but am kind of scared too  :-[
If I were you I'd ask a friend to come along with you if you go to ask if you can change, as it'll be a less daunting task if you know you've got a mate beside you + you can't back out of asking if you want to change as they'll keep you accountable.