Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:51:58 pm

Author Topic: Rate your VCE exams out of 10!  (Read 9305 times)

AR1472

• Forum Regular
Re: Rate your VCE exams out of 10!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 06:05:24 pm »
Psych: 5/10. Honestly this started off as at least an 8 because apart from the ERQ (which Ik is hard to get high marks on) and like 3 mcq, i thought it was fine. but the more i see the answers people have been giving... welp
Eng Lang: 7/10. The SAQ was better than I thought it would be, the AC was so good but the essay stumped me. Overall it was better than i thought it would go, although worse than a few of my practices

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 06:50:45 pm »
Biology Exam: 9.5/10.
It really was a gift from VCAA after the year we've had. I mean a ten mark question focusing on pandemics, epidemics and prevention of diseases? Labelling a nucleotide? If anything, I'm worried that we all will have found it too easy, meaning that there's not a lot distinguishing people at the top end.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 03:18:27 pm »
It really was a gift from VCAA after the year we've had. I mean a ten mark question focusing on pandemics, epidemics and prevention of diseases? Labelling a nucleotide? If anything, I'm worried that we all will have found it too easy, meaning that there's not a lot distinguishing people at the top end.

Glad to hear it went well! :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 03:56:42 pm »

I was also worried about this! But I think it was deceptively easy. We must’ve all missed something or vcaa is going to have a really specific marking scheme where if you don’t say “x” you cannot get the third mark or something.

I found the 2019 vcaa exam really easy bar the weird asthma’s thunderstorm question and apparently everyone found it easy last year but the A+ cutoff was still 79%! So don’t worry too much I think the exam was actually quite hard despite being easy- you had to say very specific things.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 04:00:06 pm »
Methods e1: 8/10. It wasn't too hard per se, I was just annoyed that I ran out of time, where I never did in practise exams. It was fun, tho' I didn't know all the answers.
Methods e2: 8/10. It was similar. Even more fun because a) the questions were just enjoyable and b) I knew that at the end of it, I never have to do Methods again! ;)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 04:25:59 pm »
Bio exam: 8/10
It was quite challenging but easy at the same time for me as it was very very application based which I enjoyed, but I messed up the 5-marker, a multiple choice, maybe a couple of other marks..I think I lost about 8 marks, half of which could have been erased if I was a bit more calm when answering the questions. I'm scared that I kissed a 40+ study score goodbye since everyone found it easy but at the same time people have been saying the exam was really easy since 2018 and the cutoff hasn't changed so I'm crossing fingers the cutoff isn't raised. Since the exam was application-based I think everyone thought they 'applied' the content correctly and are confident but in reality a lot of people probably made mistakes. Application questions are really easy to be confident coming out but then you read the solutions and it's like whaaat. I hope I did well, crossing fingers. I honestly have noo idea how I went because my cohort is strong, in the top 10 for vce biology. Anyways, I hope everyone went amazing and all the best for upcoming exams.
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 04:41:12 pm »
Mine will be starting next week so guys plz wish me luck  :)

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »
Further Exam 1 - 9/10, definitely more challenging than previous ideas but it was quite enjoyable :)
Further Exam 2 - 7/10, pretty good while I was in the exam however I felt it was longer than usual and the networks section was quite difficult compared to previous years
Methods Exam 1 - 2/10, we don't talk about it....
Methods Exam 2 - 8/10, after that exam 1 I was terrified but I found almost all of the extended response pretty doable, however the MCQ was difficult (I guessed like 5)

Not how I wanted my exams to go but anyways my first VCAA 3/4 exams are done!
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 05:51:16 pm »
Further Exam 1 - 9/10, definitely more challenging than previous ideas but it was quite enjoyable :)
Further Exam 2 - 7/10, pretty good while I was in the exam however I felt it was longer than usual and the networks section was quite difficult compared to previous years
Methods Exam 1 - 2/10, we don't talk about it....
Methods Exam 2 - 8/10, after that exam 1 I was terrified but I found almost all of the extended response pretty doable, however the MCQ was difficult (I guessed like 5)

Not how I wanted my exams to go but anyways my first VCAA 3/4 exams are done!
At least they're done!! 🎉 The Methods exam 1 was quite time-challenging and everyone else seemed to find it hard - our examiner said that they're taking the last question up with the chief examiner, I believe? (but don't quote me on that!) so everyone will presumably do better, in comparison to everyone else. :)
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

MoonChild1234

• Forum Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 06:09:36 pm »
How come? Why are they contesting the last one?

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 06:16:19 pm »
How come? Why are they contesting the last one?
I don't know. Again, I only heard this from the teacher who heard it from the exam supervisor who apparently heard it on the radio, so don't take it as necessarily fact.
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 06:27:05 pm »
Psychology - 6/10
HHD - 6/10

Usually when I do an exam and I feel semi-good about it, I end up doing bad. I think I feel relieved more than anything though, because I was really stressed leading up to these exams.
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 06:40:09 pm »
HHD 7/10
Some questions were great. Some were very much not great.

S_Fiadz

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 06:46:15 pm »
 :-*
HHD 7/10
Some questions were great. Some were very much not great.

Did you end up finishing the whole exam?

HHD 5/10. Surprised that they didn’t cover Ottawa Charter and either of the road safety, alcohol or smoking campaigns. Wrote a fair chunk but didn’t end up finishing

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 06:52:26 pm »
:-*
Did you end up finishing the whole exam?

HHD 5/10. Surprised that they didn’t cover Ottawa Charter and either of the road safety, alcohol or smoking campaigns. Wrote a fair chunk but didn’t end up finishing

I doubt many people would have finished, it was a pretty long exam. You did well (:
I answered everything except one part of one questions (how the social model reduced death rates for malaria/tuberculosis, completely blanked). As to how well I answered the questions I'd say not so great but I tried my best to answer everything
I agree– was expecting Ottawa Charter 100% and was also expecting to evaluate an Indigenous health initiative