Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:02:42 am

Author Topic: Brewing Positivi-Tea (melberry's HSC journey)  (Read 11944 times)

melberry

• Trailblazer
  • 自分の夢を追いかけろ
  • Respect: +30
Re: Brewing Positivi-Tea (melberry's HSC journey)
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2019, 12:22:15 pm »
+3
Sounds like you'll be busy! What course are you hoping to get in to? What kind of thing do you do for work?
I'm going into Year 11, so probably a bit more study than I've been doing this year. Also, going to keep working and doing all of the extracurricular activities that I love. My volunteering is very fun and keeps me fairly busy.

I'm really looking forward to next year! Are you feeling excited about the increased freedom or is it a bit daunting? Or something else all together?

I managed to get into my first choice of course (Visual Communication/BCII at UTS), so I will be heading into that. I currently work in retail but am looking to tutor others and get another part time job. No specific idea what kind of part-time job, but it would be helpful if it was near where I live.

Good luck for Year 11! That's fantastic that you're going to continue your extracurriculars while studying - if you manage to find the right work-play balance in 2020, you might be able to maintain a similar schedule in Year 12. Volunteering also sounds interesting, do you volunteer once a week or is it more/less often? Going into the year optimistic puts you ahead of quite a few people ^^

I wouldn't say I'm NOT looking forward to the increased freedom, but I'm at that point where you still feel like you need to ask permission to go out at least two weeks beforehand instead of going out at a day's notice. I think another thing looming in the distance is knowing that I am going to be more self-sufficient than back in high school, so I need to get my priorities in order to get the most out of my time and money.

I hope people of the Class of 2019 managed to get into their preferred course, and will discover things about themselves they may not have thought they were capable of. I know for myself, breaking out of the high school bubble, the community I've been surrounded by for the past six years, will be more sudden rather than difficult. Until then, happy holidays to all :)
2017: Information Processes and Technology
2019: 4U Math, 3U English, Japanese, Economics
ATAR: 94.85

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Brewing Positivi-Tea (melberry's HSC journey)
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2019, 07:42:06 am »
I managed to get into my first choice of course (Visual Communication/BCII at UTS), so I will be heading into that. I currently work in retail but am looking to tutor others and get another part time job. No specific idea what kind of part-time job, but it would be helpful if it was near where I live.
Congratulations!! ;D

Good luck for Year 11! That's fantastic that you're going to continue your extracurriculars while studying - if you manage to find the right work-play balance in 2020, you might be able to maintain a similar schedule in Year 12. Volunteering also sounds interesting, do you volunteer once a week or is it more/less often? Going into the year optimistic puts you ahead of quite a few people ^^
Thanks melberry! I'm hoping to maintain most of my extracurriculars all the way through Year 12 as long as I'm still enjoying them and not feeling too overwhelmed by trying to do too much. I volunteer a couple of different places, some are once a month, one is once a fortnight and two are fairly consistent weekly commitments. I absolutely love it.

I wouldn't say I'm NOT looking forward to the increased freedom, but I'm at that point where you still feel like you need to ask permission to go out at least two weeks beforehand instead of going out at a day's notice. I think another thing looming in the distance is knowing that I am going to be more self-sufficient than back in high school, so I need to get my priorities in order to get the most out of my time and money.
That's both stressful and exciting! Best of luck with things next year. I have really enjoyed following this journal!.