Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:58:09 am

Author Topic: Ionic's High School Journey  (Read 27156 times)

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
Re: da journey high school edition
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 08:59:07 pm »
+3
What are you most looking forward to for Year 12 atm?

P.S. How cold is it?!

thats it's the final year of HIGH SCHOOL

Uni looks way more fun and seems to give you more freedom and stuff.

Other than that all my year 12 subjects are also pretty neat, and I reckon the 3/4 counterparts of them will be much more interesting than units 1/2.

Other than that im not sure what to look forwards towards next year. . . I know it will be an intense and laborious year but u gotta work hard at some point eh?

P.S. it's currently 3 degrees were I live . . . and the heater is on full blast! The only problems I have against heaters are that they dry up my mouth and make me feel dehydrated when their on, and when I turn it off it gets to cold  ???
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 09:10:29 pm »
+2
Yes, the holidays are here! ( can finally catch up on sleep )

- Went to my younger brothers soccer game today, pretty fun watching considering he is a soccer prodigy. (unfortunately, I'm not)
- took my dog (Denzel)  to the game, Upon arriving my dog went crazy and I basically ended up getting dragged across mud while clinging to the  dog leach  (not fun)

Only going to one lecture these holidays (biology), mainly cause I'm way too tired to commute to the city from where I live, every second day. Plus the lecture slides get uploaded to AN so might check em out later. ( also don't worry, I cancelled my other lecture tickets so anyone on the waiting list can replace me  ;)

Got a fair bit of holiday homework to get through these holidays as well,

English - read 2 texts (  The Longest Memory and Black Diggers ) + annotate + finish of a 20-page question booklet relating to one of the texts. This semester I have a new English teacher, who was or is a VCAA examiner. She seems to be a great teacher but students in my class seem to get frustrated that she gives us so much work, however, doesn't bother me too much, as English is one of my weakest subjects and needs desperate attention.

Biology - Catch up on some Unit 1 stuff + read chapter 9 of the textbook and make notes + watch relevant Edrolo vids.

Methods - Review everything learnt about circular functions + add to my summary book
Circular Functions suk  >:(

Chemistry - Finish all of Chapter 14 + watch Edrolo vids. Contents is fairly straight forward ( Solubility ) so shouldn't take more than 2 hours to complete this.

Psychology - Finish up all the way to K.K.D.P 6, we're currently learning about consciousness and sleep + watch Edrolo vids.  I've already finished writing notes up till dot point 6, so now I'm gonna finish this whole AOS1 and review the whole of Unit 3. Might even get through a bunch of checkpoint questions I'll watch the Edrolo vids before school starts just to freshen up my memory.

Religion and Society - no homework  8)

Well besides all that homework the only other things im gonna be doing these holdiays are
- skateboarding
- taking photos with my beast camera  8)
- walking and training my dog
- sleeping
- binge watching 'the flash'
- oh, might even start writing up that AN article  :D

well, that concludes my post. Hope everyone enjoys their holidays ( if you're on holidays)

See ya next time  :)

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 09:53:14 pm »
+6
So I'm back!

it's been pretty busy, more specifically 'life has been pretty busy'

So many tests and SAC's are getting shot at me, it's getting me pretty frustrated. Just when you finish one thing you delve straight into another.
But that's a part of life

anyways, I got accepted for an interview at Elizabeth Blackburn School of Science,  didn't think much of the school or the test but now I have an actual chance of getting in (what ! ). So I have the interview tomorrow and I'm honestly excited. I just wanna get this over and done with and find out if I got in or not. Whatever happens,  my goal will still be the same, to get into med, but this school would definitely give me a major advantage and huge boost in my journey there. Talking to some of the people online, and I wanna get in even more. . .cause they all seem so nice + happy + funny, they're all really good people and they've really lightened up my last few days. 

Well, next time I update this journal it will be when I either get my acceptance or rejection letter. So till than

Stay tuned . . . .

:)

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 07:29:31 am »
+2
Good luck for your interview! Hope everything goes well ;D ;D ;D
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 07:10:32 pm »
+5
sooo

I got an offer from Elizabeth Blackburn School of Science, and after thoroughly thinking it through as well as weighing up the pros and cons, I have decided to accept their offer and attend next year in 2020.

I am so stoked right now, words cannot describe it.

Next update will be very very soon

thnx for reading.   :)

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2019, 03:12:39 pm »
+1
Great Job Ionic Doc!!! ;D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2019, 03:17:09 pm »
+1
sooo

I got an offer from Elizabeth Blackburn School of Science, and after thoroughly thinking it through as well as weighing up the pros and cons, I have decided to accept their offer and attend next year in 2020.

I am so stoked right now, words cannot describe it.

Next update will be very very soon

thnx for reading.   :)

Congratulations. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 10:34:57 pm »
+6
25th September - - - School Holidays

* Welp I'm so glad I chose to do a 3/4 this year because it has proven to show me reality. That I should be revising throughout the year ( which I haven't really done) fortunately I have finished revising all the Unit 3 content and Unit 4 shouldn't be troublesome because that wasn't too long ago.  At least I know what techniques I need to implement for year 12.

* Went to 2 psychology lectures these holidays, ATAR notes and Connect education. (this is my honest opinion, trying not to be biased)   Honestly, I was actually super impressed with the AN lecture. The lecturer, Kush, managed to pretty much get through all of the content as well as successfully running them Kahoots  8) (pretty good for a free lecture). Connect was a bit disappointing. It was a 4-hour lecture. We only went through a small minority of the study design. We were not allowed to take photos of the slides ( lecturer went through slides to quick as well ) resulting in a lot of the students not getting down notes. The Kahoot didn't work as well  :'(

* Holidays are sooo goood as well. Sleeping in really does some wonders. Although my dog wakes me up by like 7.45 am cause he wants his walk lol.
Other than that I really am not planning to do much over these holidays. Just waiting for the summer holidays when I can go to Brisbane  :)

* After the holidays there are a few 'transition' events that my new school is hosting so I'm anxious to finally meet some people I've been talking to online, should be fun.  Not much else goin on, so that a wrap to my journal.

thnx for readin

bye
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:37:09 pm by Ionic Doc »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 07:33:12 am »
+1
It certainly sounds like you're on top of things Ionic Doc! Especially having finished revising the Unit 3 content! How many days until the exam now? ;D

Enjoy the transition event (that sounds super helpful!) and the rest of your holidays!!

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2019, 12:40:15 pm »
It certainly sounds like you're on top of things Ionic Doc! Especially having finished revising the Unit 3 content! How many days until the exam now? ;D

Enjoy the transition event (that sounds super helpful!) and the rest of your holidays!!

Thanks, Laura_

The exam is on the 31st of October ( Halloween ), so that is 35 days away. I'm going to start grinding out practise exams from tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays as well!

:)

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:36 pm »
+5
Hi everyone

Another update on ma life

English: Where analysing arguments again in class, even though this is the part of the course I enjoy the most, I also happen to perform very poor. This gets me really frustrated. I basically have to speak to my teacher on how I can improve because I don't even know where I stuff up.

Psychology: Have started practise exams. By tomorrow I will have finished all 8 practise exams my teacher has given me, over the weekend I will review all of them and figure out my weaknesses. Then on Monday, I will start VCAA exams. Honestly didn't think I would be able to remember all the content, but doing exams has really helped retain a lot of the info.

Methods: We have started calculus. I got most of Chapter 17 but now applying calculus and stuff in chapter 18 is so hard. I try to pay attention in class but my brain just gives up midway through the teachers presentation. I don't know how I'm gonna cope next year but I'll give methods my best shot.

Chemistry: Learning about volumetric analysis. I find this content really fun and engaging. Overall I have enjoyed chemistry so much this year, and according to my chem teacher, year 12 content is way mooore interesting. Can't wait.

Biology: Been neglecting bio.  :'(     

Religion Studies: Compulsory at my current school. This is the class where everyone talks, watches youtube and pretend the teacher doesn't exist.
  oh well  :P

Holidays were fun as well. Got to spend a few days at Torquay with my family. My dog loved swimming in the ocean, except would go ballistic whenever he swallowed sea water lol. 

Welp, there is nothing going on in my life besides school. 

bye

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2019, 09:08:36 pm »
+1
Religion Studies: Compulsory at my current school. This is the class where everyone talks, watches youtube and pretend the teacher doesn't exist.
  oh well  :P
That's really sad. I've actually really enjoyed doing religion as a VCE subject this year. I liked learning about world religions and looking at ethical issues. It kind of feels like any other humanities subject with history and passage analysis. Do you like the ethical debates?

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2019, 12:01:19 pm »
That's really sad. I've actually really enjoyed doing religion as a VCE subject this year. I liked learning about world religions and looking at ethical issues. It kind of feels like any other humanities subject with history and passage analysis. Do you like the ethical debates?

Yes,
We just finished an AOS on surrogacy and it was really interesting. I think the majority of the class actually tuned in while we were discussing surrogacy and all the ethical dilemmas about it. 
Now we have to do our own research on an ethical issue, I'm looking at the ethics surrounding contraception and so far there are some really strong arguments for and against it.

Are you continuing R & S next year?

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2019, 04:20:45 pm »
+1

Yes,
We just finished an AOS on surrogacy and it was really interesting. I think the majority of the class actually tuned in while we were discussing surrogacy and all the ethical dilemmas about it. 
Now we have to do our own research on an ethical issue, I'm looking at the ethics surrounding contraception and so far there are some really strong arguments for and against it.

Are you continuing R & S next year?
That sounds very cool! As a class we are currently looking at the ethical issues around refugees. For my own issue I'm going to do something disability related, probably looking at the ethical issues surrounding the subminimum wage.

I'm not continuing R&S, but I may pick it up again in Year 12. At my school you're only allowed to complete one subject early, which is going to be bio for me.

brothanathan

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2019, 04:38:09 pm »
+1
That sounds very cool! As a class we are currently looking at the ethical issues around refugees. For my own issue I'm going to do something disability related, probably looking at the ethical issues surrounding the subminimum wage.

I'm not continuing R&S, but I may pick it up again in Year 12. At my school you're only allowed to complete one subject early, which is going to be bio for me.

You're always welcome to have my R&S material in Year 12, as long as you keep the altruism going.