Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:31:44 am

Author Topic: Monash Electives  (Read 2236 times)  Share 

vceme

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +20
Monash Electives
« on: January 19, 2019, 12:01:36 am »
Hey guys,
With electives, is it better to chose those that are related to career aspirations or interest wise. Do people chose electives that are easier to just fill in the timetable  :o In terms of finance, it seems that choosing electives that will help career aspirations seems best  ???
Thank you!  :)
Graduated in 2018. Top 5%.

vceme

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +20
Re: Monash Electives
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 12:32:23 am »
+2
I’ve gone with interest based but has some kind of benefit/relation to my career. Like for example, I have an interest in humanities subjects, but I’d rather learn about them my self rather than use an elective when I could be using it to the benefit of my career.

One of my electives (professional writing) was to help improve my writing skills for both the course, and I guess for my life/career. The other one was interest based (manergerial communication) but also related to my career.

For something like finance, it seems like it would be a good idea to choose electives that relate to this major as I’m guessing it would be harder to learn this yourself outside of school (for me it would be anyway  :P).

Hope this helps :)

Ah I see! I'll definitely be doing some research over the weekend of what electives I want. Thanks so much.
Keen to hear how others chose their electives too  ;D
Graduated in 2018. Top 5%.