Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:15:20 am

Author Topic: Scholarship offers at Monash  (Read 1969 times)  Share 

flutterbee

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Scholarship offers at Monash
« on: March 01, 2021, 01:18:06 am »
Hi guys!

So basically I graduated last year with an ATAR of 98.75, and I am starting a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (scholars) degree at monash this year. I really wanted a scholarship, and I applied for having educational disadvantage (but not financial disadvantage) with my VTAC offer however I haven't yet received any offers (besides the achieving potential access scholarship as a result of monash guarantee). I know the biomed discovery scholarship is offered to some top students in the scholars program. However, when I talked to some people last year they all said that they received their scholarship offer via phone call essentially the week after ATARs were released. Despite the scholarship offer still being 'in progress' should I really not get my hopes up as the odds are most offers were probably released long ago??

I think its just frustrating for me because I've seen so many other students get offered scholarships, and I believe my ATAR with SEAS most likely would have been in the low 99s, and not to toot my own horn but I would have thought my ATAR would have been high enough for one, so I'm just wondering if I should abort all hope for receiving an offer for a merit based scholarship now :(

Thanks

cmati

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +12
Re: Scholarship offers at Monash
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 01:44:46 pm »
+2
Hey Flutterbee :)

If I were you I'd get in touch with Monash to enquire about it - https://www.monash.edu/study/fees-scholarships/scholarships/contacts

Monash is really helpful through the phone, perhaps ask if they are still sending out scholarship offers.

Best of luck.