Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:46:56 pm

Author Topic: Worst subject ATM.  (Read 1640 times)  Share 

Guideme

• Forum Regular
  • Help me get the ATAR i want! :)
  • Respect: 0
Worst subject ATM.
« on: June 13, 2017, 09:54:46 pm »
i am currently studying unit 1 and 2 physics at school and i recently had an exam. Compared to all my subjects the physics exam was the worst achieving a 61%. I am disappointed as it was my worst test score that i have ever achieved in my life. It is a subject that i find difficult and my results for this subject has been falling since my first outcome. Achieving a 93% at first and falling to the 80s and now 60s really disappoints me. To be honest i have never had an interest in this subject , however i only chose it last year because i dont have any interest in any other subjects and at our school completing six subjects is compulsory. As a result, i would like to ask whether i should continue with this subject and if so how should i study for my next outcomes because i want my scores to improve and not deteriorate anymore.

I appologise for my pessimism as this is actually how i feel.
:0 :)

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
Re: Worst subject ATM.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 09:58:00 pm »
i am currently studying unit 1 and 2 physics at school and i recently had an exam. Compared to all my subjects the physics exam was the worst achieving a 61%. I am disappointed as it was my worst test score that i have ever achieved in my life. It is a subject that i find difficult and my results for this subject has been falling since my first outcome. Achieving a 93% at first and falling to the 80s and now 60s really disappoints me. To be honest i have never had an interest in this subject , however i only chose it last year because i dont have any interest in any other subjects and at our school completing six subjects is compulsory. As a result, i would like to ask whether i should continue with this subject and if so how should i study for my next outcomes because i want my scores to improve and not deteriorate anymore.

I appologise for my pessimism as this is actually how i feel.

Do you really dislike the subject? If you don't like it I would drop it. That alone is a reason to no longer do it, you won't do well unless you enjoy it.

I dropped Physics after Year 11 as well, I just did badly and wanted to focus on other subjects I enjoyed more.

Have you spoken with your teacher?
Heavy Things :(

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:58:53 pm »
What was the test topic??

Did you just not understand the concept, or is it an overall subject thing??
I really didn't get physics until my last test, about a week ago...
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

The Waterboy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:24:41 am »
If 61% is the lowest mark you've ever got then some hard work in physics will get you a good score.

The concepts are tricky at first but afterwards everything is easy.