Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 12:02:40 am

Author Topic: Help needed in analyzing this argument  (Read 721 times)  Share 

echan02

• Adventurer
  • aspiring veterinarian?
  • Respect: 0
Help needed in analyzing this argument
« on: October 20, 2019, 04:11:14 pm »
Hi students!
I'm terrible at english and I have an upcoming SAC analyzing this article titled 'I got a 99 atar but i had a lousy education'
https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-got-a-99-atar-but-i-had-a-lousy-education-20181123-p50hwo.html

I need some help with analysing :( Thank you <3
:)

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
Re: Help needed in analyzing this argument
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 04:48:09 pm »
+1
Hi students!
I'm terrible at english and I have an upcoming SAC analyzing this article titled 'I got a 99 atar but i had a lousy education'
https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-got-a-99-atar-but-i-had-a-lousy-education-20181123-p50hwo.html

I need some help with analysing :( Thank you <3

Okay, aside from the very interesting article, let's try and pull out her arguements.

First of all, I think the title of the article is quite engaging. You could use that. It is a paradox in a way and encourages readers to question this persons ATAR contradicts their level of education.

Also, she uses her face in the article, which creates a personal connection from her to the reader.

Also, try to pick out single words and analyse their purpose in persuading the audience.

Her contention is for the school system to change, and she is suggesting it's lack of stability and strength through revealing she cheated the system and got the most out of it.

Lol I hoped that helps in some way.  :)
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb