Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:27:33 am

Author Topic: Wait...there is a Year 12 CS+C class?  (Read 4396 times)  Share 

ZachCharge

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Eh...
  • Respect: +3
Wait...there is a Year 12 CS+C class?
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:00 pm »
I just found out that Classical Societies and Cultures is a year 12 class...well I am just wondering...

Why the hell does my year 11 class conveniently titled Year 11 History:Classical Societies and Cultures lead into bloody (literally) Revolutions Unit 3+4?!?

So I am gonna spend a year learning history that I am really interested in (everyone loves Ancient History lol), then next year learn history that is new and unrelated to what I will have learnt this year, despite there is a unit 3+4 class that really is what my current class should lead too?

Should I complain? I mean I would prefer (obviously...) this years History to relate to next years as it would be (also obviously) be much more productive. Did ANYONES year 11 and year 12 history match. Is my school's history the norm or do most have History 1 and 2 relate to 3 and 4?
Hmm...next year already. Well better set my goals and all...(raw)
Methods CAS [35] Further [42] English [33-5ish?] Lit [35] Revolutions [Ehhh]

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +288
Re: Wait...there is a Year 12 CS+C class?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:49:04 pm »
There is a 1/2 History course, but it is largely irrelevant to all three Histories as far as I know.

With that said, I'd ask why your school only offers 1/2 Classics.  That's really weird.
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

ZachCharge

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Eh...
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:47 pm »
Its just stupid and annoying imo...oh well on Friday during next class...I will bitch about that I guess....
Hmm...next year already. Well better set my goals and all...(raw)
Methods CAS [35] Further [42] English [33-5ish?] Lit [35] Revolutions [Ehhh]

haneybee

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:00 pm »
Are you doing Greek or Roman for 1/2?

At our school for Unit 1/2 we did Greek, then for 3/4 we did Roman.... =S

I know that it would be preferrable if the history linked, but I found that the content and the types of assessments were radically different for year 12 Classics... year 12 is more literature-based where you do lots of context analyses, whereas year 11 is more facts, events, etc.

Having done Revolutions too, I would suggest that you consider doing it too.. it is quite interesting and in my opinion, much more easier than Classics!

in any case, hope everything works out for you! =D
2008: Classical Societies and Cultures, Korean Second Language

2009: English, French, Revolutions, Legal Studies, Further Maths

ENTER: 99.65

2010: Law/International and Global Studies at the University of Sydney