Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:09:03 am

Author Topic: New Study Design?  (Read 4763 times)  Share 

thisissara

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
New Study Design?
« on: November 29, 2019, 08:55:10 am »
+1
Ciao ragazzi,

Does anyone have any idea as to what's happening to the study design for LOTE next year?

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Re: New Study Design?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 10:18:18 pm »
+1
Hey thisissara,

For the people studying Italian Units 1&2 in 2019 and continuing it with Units 3&4 next year, there's a new Study Design. According to my teachers the main difference with this new Study Design is that Viewing will become a skill which we will need to develop and use just as reading, speaking, writing, listening are also skills that we need to develop. For example, a reading text may have a couple of pictures with it. However, these pictures are not merely there to make the page look prettier. They are actually there to add meaning to the text and give the text more purpose.

Overall, according to my teachers, the main difference with the New Study Design is that the Viewing of Images is also an examinable component.

I hope this helped! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Re: New Study Design?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 07:26:30 pm »
Oh wow- that sounds interesting. Do you think the exam would get longer, or would the image just be incorporated in the reading section?

I got my topics this week and I asked about my school's detailed study which used to be I Rom, but according to my teacher, there's no "detailed study" so from that conversation, I'm assuming the oral component of the exam is changing as well? I'm not too sure about this though as VCAA have said nothing as of yet. I hope they say something soon!
I think that for the Exam we would still have 2 hours Writing Time and 15 mins Reading Time as with the prior Study Design and that the images would probably be incorporated into the Reading Section (maybe even the Writing Section?), but I'm not really sure about that.

As for the Oral Component of the Italian Exam, I'm pretty sure it's a 15 min conversation being split up into:
General Conversation: for 7 minutes, where you talk about Family, School, Pastimes, Work, Holidays, the Future

As far as I know the second part of the Oral Exam, is the Detailed Study which begins with a 1 min intro into your Detailed Study (which should be memorised) and is followed by 7 mins of conversation about your Detailed Study which I think you can accompany with like 3 images or texts to support what you're saying/talking about.