Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:01:11 pm

Author Topic: Exam Excellence Programs  (Read 854 times)

prabhleenkaur~

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Exam Excellence Programs
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:33:20 pm »
Good afternoon!

Since we are fast approaching trials (my school begins Week 1), there are various advertisements going around about Exam Excellence/Maximizing Programs which include mock exams plus review lessons. So far the prices for Economics that I have come across have been anywhere from 5 weeks for $700 to 8 weeks for $800.

Are these programs necessary to be completed if I want to do well in the HSC or would you say that I could do without them?

I am willing to put extra time in myself and have the support of my teacher who should be able to mark sample responses for me but still haven't completely ruled out the option of enrolling into one of these courses.
Would be great if someone could help me out and give me advice on whether these programs are worth it and/or worked for them.

Thank you!!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Exam Excellence Programs
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:24:19 pm »
+2
Hey! I've never done any of those programs so can't speak for their effectiveness, but you definitely don't need it. You can absolutely still do well without them - I never did any and I did really well. Like you I was just willing to put the time in and got my teachers to mark practice responses (we actually offer free essay marking too!) ;D

If you think it will be helpful, go for it - But that is a lot of money, so be sure it will be worth it for you personally before you sign up ;D

Rasika

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Exam Excellence Programs
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:17:30 pm »
Yeah, i heard about them too. I was curious about whether study camps are worth it?