Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 06:12:49 pm

Author Topic: Was Pasteur's expirment valid?  (Read 3483 times)  Share 

Maroon and Gold Never Fold

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Was Pasteur's expirment valid?
« on: May 15, 2021, 10:35:35 am »
Hi guys, I can't really find a definite answer on whether Pasteur's swan neck flask expirment was valid.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Was Pasteur's expirment valid?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 08:58:32 pm »
+3
Hi guys, I can't really find a definite answer on whether Pasteur's swan neck flask expirment was valid.

Hey Maroon and Gold Never Fold :)

This might not be the answer but, an experiment is valid based upon three things:

1. Reliability
An experiment is reliable if you can repeat it and get the same result as the original experiment.

For Example, in class, you may have repeated Pasteur's experiment in your school's lab and observed similar results (microbial growth in broken flask, non-microbial growth in non-broken flask)

2. Accuracy
An experiment is accurate if the results gained are deemed realistic according to theory and can be improved upon by using different equipment (<-- just an example, there are many other ways)

For Example, did Louis Pasteur get realistic results? Did your experiment show similar?

3. Validity
An experiment is valid if it has addressed the aim of the experiment overall, including having measured what was meant to be measured and if it tests exactly the aim.

For Example, Louis Pasteur's aim was to disprove, "Spontaneous Generation", the theory that living things arise from non-living things such as decomposing waste. This was shown successful as he had evidence that the flask that was not broken did not suddenly grow microbes, whereas the flask that did grow microbes was exposed.

I hope this helps!
Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5