Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:38:25 am

Author Topic: Methods or General?  (Read 1072 times)  Share 

alexishs

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Methods or General?
« on: March 31, 2021, 03:06:22 pm »
So I'm doing Methods Unit 1 at the moment and am failing horribly. I have transferred from QLD to a new school at the start of the year and the vice principal pushed me to do methods over general because I did advanced last year and did well. I do not need Methods for my degree (primary teaching) in fact I only need any study combination of Units 1 and 2. I got a 40% exactly on my first sac (pass rate at my school is 40%) and got a 35% on the other sac. I was away for around 4 lessons or 4 hours in total and am sitting at a 90% attendance exactly. I do the work fine and understand it in class but it's like during exams I make silly little mistakes in the math not the understanding. Im really struggling but i dont know if it is too late to switch.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Methods or General?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 03:23:52 pm »
+1
So I'm doing Methods Unit 1 at the moment and am failing horribly. I have transferred from QLD to a new school at the start of the year and the vice principal pushed me to do methods over general because I did advanced last year and did well. I do not need Methods for my degree (primary teaching) in fact I only need any study combination of Units 1 and 2. I got a 40% exactly on my first sac (pass rate at my school is 40%) and got a 35% on the other sac. I was away for around 4 lessons or 4 hours in total and am sitting at a 90% attendance exactly. I do the work fine and understand it in class but it's like during exams I make silly little mistakes in the math not the understanding. Im really struggling but i dont know if it is too late to switch.
Personally I'd advise you to stick with Methods and work at it. It can be done.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
Re: Methods or General?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 06:22:36 pm »
+3
Tbh if you're saying that you can understand the content fine in class and it's mainly silly mistakes that cost you marks on the exam, I don't see why you shouldn't continue in methods. In fact, I'd say silly mistakes are even more costly in general/further since the content is easier.

Also this is just my opinion but even if you don't need methods, it would be helpful to keep it just to keep your options open. I did only general initially and was advised to do methods somewhat last-minute by a teacher back when I had no plans of doing anything that needed methods at uni, and I'm now so thankful I listened because at the end of year 12, all eight of my VTAC preferences were courses that had methods as a prereq.

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU