Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 08:32:41 pm

Author Topic: Stormbreaker's VCE journal  (Read 35353 times)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Stormbreaker's VCE journal
« on: November 16, 2020, 06:53:44 pm »
+15
HELLO ATAR NOTES!!!
Yup it is me Stormbreaker, so today it 10 days until my first ever unit 3/4 exam (I am currently in year 11 doing a year 12 subject). So I plan to do crazy amounts of practice exams leading to the real exam and hope I get a study score of around 30 for this subject. So far this year I screwed up this subject because of online learning and everything. Anyway next year and the duration of this year I plan to keep posting here and give you all updates about my life. I find this a good way to keep motivated. Remember to tune in on my life during the holidays.

My goals and subjects:
ATAR aim: 86 minimum
Subjects: Ancient history unit 3/4, I want around 30 (this subject scales down too).
Math methods 1/2 (dropping it for further unit 3/4 at the end of this year). My goal for further is around 40-45+
Chemistry, I plan to get a tutor for this subject during the holidays as this subject was disastrous. I want a study score around low 30's RAW for this subject.
English aim (plan to get a tutor this holiday too for a head-start next year) around low to mid 30's.
Biology is going all right so far my aim is around 35+
Economics is probably gonna be my ace card, my aim is 45-49 (Averaging A-B's in this subject and won a class award).

Remember all you readers to post here as well so we all can keep each other updated and thank you for reading :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 07:05:52 pm by Stormbreaker-X »

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Stormbreaker's VCE journal
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 09:09:53 pm »
+5
HELLO ATAR NOTES!!!
Yup it is me Stormbreaker, so today it 10 days until my first ever unit 3/4 exam (I am currently in year 11 doing a year 12 subject). So I plan to do crazy amounts of practice exams leading to the real exam and hope I get a study score of around 30 for this subject. So far this year I screwed up this subject because of online learning and everything. Anyway next year and the duration of this year I plan to keep posting here and give you all updates about my life. I find this a good way to keep motivated. Remember to tune in on my life during the holidays.

My goals and subjects:
ATAR aim: 86 minimum
Subjects: Ancient history unit 3/4, I want around 30 (this subject scales down too).
Math methods 1/2 (dropping it for further unit 3/4 at the end of this year). My goal for further is around 40-45+
Chemistry, I plan to get a tutor for this subject during the holidays as this subject was disastrous. I want a study score around low 30's RAW for this subject.
English aim (plan to get a tutor this holiday too for a head-start next year) around low to mid 30's.
Biology is going all right so far my aim is around 35+
Economics is probably gonna be my ace card, my aim is 45-49 (Averaging A-B's in this subject and won a class award).

Remember all you readers to post here as well so we all can keep each other updated and thank you for reading :)
Enjoy your first ever 3/4 exam! :D And keep motivated!
and don't stress, if that's possible...
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 07:16:20 pm »
+3
Hi Stormbreaker! It's great to see another future Year 12 Journal here :D
I hope your exam went well! Do you have any passions/hobbies outside of academics?
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 05:01:00 am »
+1
Hi Stormbreaker! It's great to see another future Year 12 Journal here :D
I hope your exam went well! Do you have any passions/hobbies outside of academics?
Hey there, I do have a lot of interest in sports especially swimming. But because of that things that happened this year I can't do any of that, but I know I will get a chance to do those next year. What about you?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 05:09:28 am »
+7
My unit 3/4 exam update: So I had my exam last week and it went decently well. If there is one thing I am glad it is that fact that I finished it as history was quite a long and time-tight exam. I will keep you all updated once my study score comes out. Now moving on to my school holiday homework, for English my school is doing Station Eleven, I am Malala and Price as well as the play known as Extinction. Currently I have almost finished Station Eleven (I really want a good score for English next year) and I have already read I am Malala before so I know the book well. My holiday homework plans are:
-Finish all unit 3/4 content for economics
-Finish a lot of content for further math (I did not do unit 1/2 of that subject so I know I am disadvantaged), coming from a former methods student I can clearly say that further math and methods don't have any overlap.
-Finish biology homework and go ahead if I can
-Chemistry is so far probably one of my worst subjects, I am barely passing this year so I really need a tutor in this subject and to start working my ass off over the holidays.
Exam update for my unit 1/2 subject:
English went well, chemistry was a disaster (scored pretty shit), methods (dropping it and failed the exam), economics I am so disappointed as I scored in the 70's which is pretty low compared to my previous scores I aim for a 90 or above and biology is not out yet. Well, thanks for reading and I will see you guys again soon.

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 07:07:41 pm »
+2
My unit 3/4 exam update: So I had my exam last week and it went decently well. If there is one thing I am glad it is that fact that I finished it as history was quite a long and time-tight exam. I will keep you all updated once my study score comes out. Now moving on to my school holiday homework, for English my school is doing Station Eleven, I am Malala and Price as well as the play known as Extinction. Currently I have almost finished Station Eleven (I really want a good score for English next year) and I have already read I am Malala before so I know the book well. My holiday homework plans are:
-Finish all unit 3/4 content for economics
-Finish a lot of content for further math (I did not do unit 1/2 of that subject so I know I am disadvantaged), coming from a former methods student I can clearly say that further math and methods don't have any overlap.
-Finish biology homework and go ahead if I can
-Chemistry is so far probably one of my worst subjects, I am barely passing this year so I really need a tutor in this subject and to start working my ass off over the holidays.
Exam update for my unit 1/2 subject:
English went well, chemistry was a disaster (scored pretty shit), methods (dropping it and failed the exam), economics I am so disappointed as I scored in the 70's which is pretty low compared to my previous scores I aim for a 90 or above and biology is not out yet. Well, thanks for reading and I will see you guys again soon.
Which history did you do? if I'm allowed to ask.
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 11:10:07 pm »
+1
Which history did you do? if I'm allowed to ask.
Ancient history

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 11:16:37 pm »
+4
Alright quick update:
I am procrastinating so hard and I am currently reading my year 12 text. I know for certain that I am improving in terms of my study habits, I know that I am going to get through year 12. Also some people in my class scored 100% of their test so that means it might be difficult for me to be ranked 1 next year (crossing my fingers that I can beat them).

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 07:18:45 pm »
+3
Well the holidays started, now I am about to finish off my English text station eleven. My plan today is also to begin doing work for my other subjects (I got a lot of holiday homework).
Chemistry-A booklet to do and gotta catch up on content I did not learn properly in year 11.
Economics-Chapter 7 in the CPAP book and because I am motivated I plan to finish off the whole content this holiday and go through practice exams.
English-Finish all my text and watch the film in order to prepare for year 12.
Biology-Gotta watch 2 chapters worth of content on edrolo over the holidays.
Further math-Well the work for this subject is huge, I gotta do 3 chapters over the holidays plus watch edrolo videos. Since I did not do unit 1/2 it might be harder to understand the content.

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 09:59:13 pm »
+1
Well the holidays started, now I am about to finish off my English text station eleven. My plan today is also to begin doing work for my other subjects (I got a lot of holiday homework).
Chemistry-A booklet to do and gotta catch up on content I did not learn properly in year 11.
Economics-Chapter 7 in the CPAP book and because I am motivated I plan to finish off the whole content this holiday and go through practice exams.
English-Finish all my text and watch the film in order to prepare for year 12.
Biology-Gotta watch 2 chapters worth of content on edrolo over the holidays.
Further math-Well the work for this subject is huge, I gotta do 3 chapters over the holidays plus watch edrolo videos. Since I did not do unit 1/2 it might be harder to understand the content.
Applause for being so organised! :) Hope it all happens!
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 11:47:23 pm »
Holiday update: Finished station eleven (finally) and current doing economics/chemistry homework. My aim is to finish them off ASAP.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 11:59:36 pm »
+6
Great to see you are using holidays wisely - please do remember to take some time out for yourself as well during the period. Really important. It's probably the last time you'll get a chance to relax properly, Year 12 is a long year.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2020, 01:19:58 am »
+2
Update: Almost finished economics holiday homework which is chapter 7. Biology I am planning to get that done ASAP.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2020, 01:20:24 am »
+1
Great to see you are using holidays wisely - please do remember to take some time out for yourself as well during the period. Really important. It's probably the last time you'll get a chance to relax properly, Year 12 is a long year.
Thank you and yes year 12 will be a long and really hard year for me.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 08:56:16 pm »
I totally forgot to update you guys:
English: Finished Station Eleven, but have not started the homework.
Economics: Finished homework and gonna be straight ahead.
Further math: So easy right now, I almost got chapter 1 done.
Biology: Barely started.
Chemistry: Just started
Anyone here want to tell me their VCE stories?