Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:59:32 am

Author Topic: Society & Culture Exam Question 'Heat Map'/Grid  (Read 1878 times)  Share 

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Society & Culture Exam Question 'Heat Map'/Grid
« on: October 16, 2019, 08:05:25 pm »
+9
Hey guys,

So, exams are around the corner so I decided to make a 'heat map' to indicate what syllabus dot points have been covered in past exams. Hopefully, this makes studying a bit more easier, especially if you're aiming to work on specific dot points, or if you want to predict what the questions are going to be.

A few disclaimers:

- These grids start from 2001, so the syllabus is different but they can still relate to our current syllabus, especially the Social and Cultural Continuity & Change
- A lot of the exam questions clearly indicate where on the syllabus it belongs, but there are also questions that are a bit ambiguous or double up on syllabus dot points. The more ambiguous questions will be categorised based on my judgement, but do let me know if you disagree with me! (after all, this is me conducting a content analysis on past exams ;) )
- Unfortunately, Social Inclusion and Exclusion and Conformity and Nonconformity didn't get introduced until 2015 so there isn't a lot of data to collect
- There are some syllabus dot points I've combined, especially the Social and Cultural Continuity & Change
- For the Social and Cultural Continuity & Change grid, I focused more on short answers

Without further ado, here are the syllabus 'heat maps'/grids:

Social and Cultural Continuity & Change
Popular Culture
Belief Systems and Ideologies
Conformity and Nonconformity

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:14:41 am by owidjaja »
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW