Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:05:35 pm

Author Topic: Confused about December offers  (Read 2237 times)  Share 

atarfreak

• Fresh Poster
  • just chilling
  • Respect: 0
Confused about December offers
« on: December 16, 2019, 04:30:39 pm »
Hey guys!
My first preference is the Bachelor of science at the University of Melbourne, so does that mean my offer will come in December or January? I don't understand what the VTAC December fact sheet means for the Melb uni section. Can someone read it and help me? Thank you!
;)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Confused about December offers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 05:26:06 pm »
+3
Hey guys!
My first preference is the Bachelor of science at the University of Melbourne, so does that mean my offer will come in December or January? I don't understand what the VTAC December fact sheet means for the Melb uni section. Can someone read it and help me? Thank you!

Hi,

There are a few circumstances for which UoM will give students offers in December.

The fact sheet says:
"The applicants who will receive offers in December are:
» Applicants who are eligible for an Access Melbourne selection
guarantee;
» Applicants who are eligible for selection guarantees in courses
where these apply – Chancellor’s Scholars, Graduate Degree
Packages and the Bachelor of Commerce; and
» Applicants for the Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Fine Arts who
have received notification that they were successful in the extra
requirements and are otherwise eligible for an offer."

so if you fit into any of these categories (and have the ATAR as determined by the university) you should receive an offer.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 05:29:53 pm »
+5
Hey guys!

Hi there! Were you referring to this link? For UoM, the main things you need to understand are that:
1. All UoM courses ARE participating in the December round (meaning, they ARE giving offers this week for students who did the VCE and QCE, but not HSC or other states’ equivalents).
2. If you do not get an offer this week, you might be given an offer in January 2020 or later rounds.
3. You will get an offer if you have a guarantee (eg. successful application for Access Melbourne Guarantee, chancellor’s) or you were told you were successful in the non-ATAR criteria for UoM’s Bachelor of Music and/or Bachelor of Fine Arts.
4. If you don’t have a guarantee, you’ll be given an offer based on selection rank (where applicable), which is based primarily on your ATAR (and SEAS + other adjustments).
5. December round selection ranks may be higher than January round selection ranks.

Re: December offers
If you have a guarantee and have passed the requirements for the Bachelor of Science at UoM, you’ll get an offer in December. If you do NOT have a guarantee but fulfil all requirements, then you’ll have a chance to get an offer, depending on your selection rank (not necessarily 100% definite, but a good chance if you achieved above the selection rank of previous years).

Hopefully that makes more sense, but let me know if you’re still confused.  :)

Note: Beaten by Sine but I’m leaving this here anyway.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

atarfreak

• Fresh Poster
  • just chilling
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 10:14:51 pm »
Re: December offers
If you have a guarantee and have passed the requirements for the Bachelor of Science at UoM, you’ll get an offer in December. If you do NOT have a guarantee but fulfil all requirements, then you’ll have a chance to get an offer, depending on your selection rank (not necessarily 100% definite, but a good chance if you achieved above the selection rank of previous years).

Thank you so much to you and Sine! Ok so I don't have a guarantee, but I fulfill all requirements (as in the ATAR requirement and subject score requirements). What is selection rank? Thanks again!
;)

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:27:57 pm »
+2
Thank you so much to you and Sine! Ok so I don't have a guarantee, but I fulfill all requirements (as in the ATAR requirement and subject score requirements). What is selection rank? Thanks again!
A selection rank is basically ATAR + SEAS adjustments + any other adjustments you qualify/ are successful in obtaining.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

atarfreak

• Fresh Poster
  • just chilling
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 11:42:55 am »
A selection rank is basically ATAR + SEAS adjustments + any other adjustments you qualify/ are successful in obtaining.

Wait so does that mean I must have SEAS/adjustments to get the offer? sorry I think I'm confused again.. On the UoM website it also mentions a lowest selection rank 2019. I had an ATAR higher than this, so will I get an offer tomorrow ? I don't think have SEAS or adjustments. Thanks.
;)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 12:04:47 pm »
+2
Wait so does that mean I must have SEAS/adjustments to get the offer? sorry I think I'm confused again.. On the UoM website it also mentions a lowest selection rank 2019. I had an ATAR higher than this, so will I get an offer tomorrow ? I don't think have SEAS or adjustments. Thanks.
If you don't have any seas or bonus points then your selection rank will be the same as your atar. The lowest selection rank will be the lowest that got an offer last year, it changes each year. It's approximately the minimum you need to have a shot at getting an offer. Being over this doesn't guarantee you an offer, and your chances of getting an offer (especially in first round) will depend on how far above it you are.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

atarfreak

• Fresh Poster
  • just chilling
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 12:32:18 pm »
If you don't have any seas or bonus points then your selection rank will be the same as your atar. The lowest selection rank will be the lowest that got an offer last year, it changes each year. It's approximately the minimum you need to have a shot at getting an offer. Being over this doesn't guarantee you an offer, and your chances of getting an offer (especially in first round) will depend on how far above it you are.

Ahh I get it now. Thank you!
;)