Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:15:11 pm

Author Topic: PSYCH 3/4 next year???  (Read 1261 times)  Share 

kianaluong

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
PSYCH 3/4 next year???
« on: July 12, 2020, 10:17:26 pm »
+1
hey guys!

I'm currently in year 10 doing Latin 1/2 and Bio 1/2, but I am definitely dropping bio next year. I have the option to do two 3/4s in year 11 at my school and I was originally planning on just doing latin, but should I also do psych 3/4 as well?

I've heard it's really easy but I'm not sure if I am going to screw up two 3/4s next year - especially because I'm doing Latin and my other 1/2 subjects are English, Methods, Spesh and French. Also if I do Psych 3/4 without 1/2, is it hard to catch up on or nah? Will I need to work really hard for a 40??

Thanks,
Kiana

wasabi

• Adventurer
  • armyhive⁷
  • Respect: +5
Re: PSYCH 3/4 next year???
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:51:33 am »
+5
Hey!

I'm currently doing Psych as one of my 3/4's in year 11, and I definitely recommended doing it !! Not doing 1/2 won't put you at a disadvantage at all, and the concepts aren't too hard to grasp. I can't advise much about your other subjects as I haven't done any of them and I'm not sure of the content load, difficulty, etc. lol

If you wanted to do any head start because you haven't done 1/2, I'd recommended going over the nervous system, as a lot of the content is based around that :-)

Hope this was helpful ! Ask anything else if you need ~
Class of '21
2020: Psychology, Legal Studies
2021: English, Further Maths, Business Management, Health and Human Development

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 01:10:34 pm »
+4
hey guys!

I'm currently in year 10 doing Latin 1/2 and Bio 1/2, but I am definitely dropping bio next year. I have the option to do two 3/4s in year 11 at my school and I was originally planning on just doing latin, but should I also do psych 3/4 as well?

I've heard it's really easy but I'm not sure if I am going to screw up two 3/4s next year - especially because I'm doing Latin and my other 1/2 subjects are English, Methods, Spesh and French. Also if I do Psych 3/4 without 1/2, is it hard to catch up on or nah? Will I need to work really hard for a 40??

Thanks,
Kiana

Hey
I did psychology 3/4 in year 11 without having done 1/2. The only thing you really need to catch up on is research methods. Concepts in psych aren't difficult at all (but that may vary person to person).
Psych is a competitive and popular subject so you will need to put in some effort to get a 40. Really how you perform in the final exam will determine the study score you will get. Making sure you do questions throughout the year and understand concepts will set you up for success.
Psychs a really interesting and enjoyable subject and I loved learning it, so if you do it I hope you have a similar experience.  :)
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 03:21:47 pm »
+4
Hey!

Welcome to the forums :D

I made a list here of everything that relates to psych 34 from 12. As others have said, there's not much to catch up on (mostly research methods) and not having done 12 is fine :)

Getting a 40 in any subject requires being in the top 9% of the state so most people would consider that hard. Psych is often considered less "difficult" but that can make it more competitive to get top marks. Imo pick it only if you're interested in it, if you just do it for "easy marks" and you don't care about the subject much (not saying that this is what you're doing) then it probably won't go so well.