HSC Stuff > New South Wales Technical Score Discussion

Question regarding allocation of marks and ranks

(1/1)

Mada438:
Hey, i have a question regarding the ranks i receieved and how they correlate to the hsc exams.
Okay so for instance, i ranked 2nd in my course for modern history. Does that mean that regardless of how my actual individual raw performence in the exam (say i only get 70/100) i get allocated the 2nd best mark from the exam, say a 93 due to the fact that im ranked 2nd in the course and that counts towards my final hsc mark and my ATAR?

Simiarly, i am ranked 17th in adv english, does that mean even if i got a 50/100 for the exam, i get given the 17th best mark (say a 70/100) and that counts towards my final hsc mark and my ATAR?

Thanks!

Lumenoria:
No, you'll always get your individual raw mark in the exam, but it'll be averaged out with a moderated internal mark (which is based on rank). So, in your first example of modern, you'd get 70+93/2, which is about 82. It also takes into account the relative gap between ranks, so it's not absolute as it involves some complex mathematical process that no one really knows about, but that's the gist of it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version