Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:59:16 am

Author Topic: Is Section C analysing one or two articles???  (Read 493 times)  Share 

turtlebanana

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
Is Section C analysing one or two articles???
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:24:46 pm »
+1
EDIT: From my understanding, it can either be one or two articles?

Let's say ARTICLE A was an opinion piece and ARTICLE B was a comment in response to it.
Therefore, the length of Article A will be much longer than the length of Article B (as it is a comment).

Would it be okay to analyse the articles SEPARATELY?
Eg. 3 main paragraphs on the main piece (Article A) and 1 paragraph on the comment (Article B)?

Also, will a conclusion help (some external examiners have said it is not necessary)? My teacher told me that the conclusion should be analysing the last paragraph (of Article A), whilst I heard from others that the conclusion should be a quick wrap-up to compare the two articles' tones/contentions etc.

PS. I was used to doing a comparative analysis of two articles, as i have been doing at school. However, VCAA explicitly stated that we are not expected to compare. Thus, i think my approach will be to analyse the articles separately, apart from comparing them in the introduction and maybe the conclusion (for improved cohesion).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:26:02 pm by turtlebanana »
2018: Business Management [44]