Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:07:10 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 58698 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: J_Rho's VCE Journey | 90+ ATAR
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2020, 08:39:39 am »
+7
FIRST AND FOREMOST
My local library is closed, I forgot to go to my school library yesterday and now I have no books to read and I am so sad :'(
I can't read eBooks because I'm not allowed to have any devices in my room (I generally read near bedtime)
Scale 1 - 10, how screwed am I?

To be absolutely honest, I'm stressing about SAC's...especially the Biology SAC I STILL HAVENT DONE.
Like, am I ever going to get to do it? When will I do it? Like I want to do it as soon as possible - and as teachers are at school for the rest of the week I wonder if I'd be allowed to go in and sit it as it was scheduled for today 4 pm - 5 pm, should I email my coordinator about it or is it not allowed cause like I know students are allowed to go to school to get their belongings and pick up work but like🤔

Re: Centrelink payments you mentioned in your post a few days ago, that is true generally, but also the majority of people in year 12 aren't eligible to get their own centrelink payments and parents instead get payment (comes under family tax benefit i think). Although not sure what'll happen if school closes for the year given that should technically make you eligible in the same way that someone who dropped out of high school would be eligible.

This whole thing is a bit of an odd situation haha
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:47:38 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2020, 10:42:29 am »
+8
Alright guys, one last post  8)

This is what I want to get done this week hopefully :)

Main Holiday Homework
• English
   Read Station 11
   Analyzing Argument Booklet
   Analyzing argument essay - recycling
• Maths
   Chapter 6 & Review
• Psychology
   Edrolo Ch 1 - 5
• Legal Studies
   Edrolo Up to u3 aos2 progress check 1
   Textbook notes ch 2 - 4
   Sac notes
• Biology
   Edrolo ch 3 - 8
   Edrolo topic exams
   Workbook questions and chapter summaries (ch 3 - 8 )
   A3 Sheets
If I can get ALL that done, I'd like to get this done
Extention Work
• English
   Analysing argument essay x2
• Maths
   Notes for sac
• Psychology
   Edrolo Ch 6 - 8
• Legal Studies
   Edrolo unit 3 aos 2   
• Biology
   Edrolo ch 8 - 11
       Workbook questions and chapter summaries (ch 8 - 11)

And like I wanna go back to school next term, like I love sitting in private studies working through questions and sharing a laugh with my friends or in English having really good class discussions with an awesome teacher
I hope things turn for the better
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:52:24 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2020, 11:42:08 am »
+1
FIRST AND FOREMOST
My local library is closed, I forgot to go to my school library yesterday and now I have no books to read and I am so sad :(

This whole thing is a bit of an odd situation haha

Same! I love reading but during VCE I have no time so I was always getting these huge fines. So a few weeks ago I took 5 books back and remained with one and was reading it slowly. Now I have maybe 10 minutes worth of reading left in this book and idk what to do because I also read near bedtime and looking at the screen of an ebook doesn’t seem like it’d wind me down as much. Such sad times.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2020, 01:45:25 pm »
+3
Same! I love reading but during VCE I have no time so I was always getting these huge fines. So a few weeks ago I took 5 books back and remained with one and was reading it slowly. Now I have maybe 10 minutes worth of reading left in this book and idk what to do because I also read near bedtime and looking at the screen of an ebook doesn’t seem like it’d wind me down as much. Such sad times.

You should be able to uber library books, like uber eats  8)
— VCE —

— University —

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2020, 02:31:21 pm »
+1
You should be able to uber library books, like uber eats  8)
Yeah but definitely no charge! So maybe we’d all have to own drones which pick them up.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

thatdumbstudent

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2020, 05:53:37 pm »
+1

I am feeling a multitude of feelings regarding the school closure, I understand the need but it also sucks A LOT. Apparently NSW isn't closing schools till the end to the term which is like 2 or 3 weeks away and that makes me think why cant we stay open for 3 more days. 3 days to feel normal, whatever that is right now. Like wtf is the point of today all it did was stress everyone out and im feeling very... odd. Monday should be the start of the week but like its not. I just...i just dont know what to feel. Im feeling very claustrophobic in the sense that worst-case scenario I'll be stuck at home for 6 months. I was gonna borrow from the school library at lunchtime but im so distracted right now like WHAT AM I DOING. Like the formal notice that schools would close Tuesday was issued last night at like 11pm THIS ISNT ENOUGH TIME (like the local council giving my workplace 5 HOURS NOTICE FOR CLOSING) im flustered and all over the shop and honestly scared
This is all very very strange and weird and i hope things get better

I agree but I do also understand where all of this is coming from!! the thing is.. I was supposed to do my bio sac this week so now its just been postponed to who knows when? i don't want to spend 3 weeks (at least) worrying about it :(

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2020, 06:04:32 pm »
+1
I agree but I do also understand where all of this is coming from!! the thing is.. I was supposed to do my bio sac this week so now its just been postponed to who knows when? i don't want to spend 3 weeks (at least) worrying about it :(

It's pretty insane and the uncertainty is, i think, the hardest thing, my coordinator is keeping a list of sacs that have been missed/postponed and told me "it will be figured out at a later date" which is irritating like will it be first week back? or will I have to study for it again cause it'll be like week 5 or something
We'll get through this!
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2020, 01:30:39 pm »
+6

Main Holiday Homework
• English
   Read Station 11
   Analyzing Argument Booklet
   Analyzing argument essay - recycling
• Maths
   Chapter 6 & Review
• Psychology
   Edrolo Ch 1 - 5
• Legal Studies
   Edrolo Up to u3 aos2 progress check 1
   Textbook notes ch 2 - 4
   Sac notes
• Biology
   Edrolo ch 3 - 8
   Edrolo topic exams
   Workbook questions and chapter summaries (ch 3 - 8 )
   A3 Sheets
If I can get ALL that done, I'd like to get this done
Extention Work
• English
   Analysing argument essay x2
• Maths
   Notes for sac
• Psychology
   Edrolo Ch 6 - 8
• Legal Studies
   Edrolo unit 3 aos 2   
• Biology
   Edrolo ch 8 - 11
       Workbook questions and chapter summaries (ch 8 - 11)

Alright, it's big brain time. I need to improve. My best sac mark so far has been 84%. That's lousy. and I need to get real better real fast if I want those 40's, 45's and maybe even a 50.
Okay so I'm not really following my strategies to achieve my goal and I've just been cruising not really going above and beyond at all so this has to change.
I'm going to have a daily checklist of my goal strategies and during a privo or when I get home the first thing I'll do is look over them and make sure I've documented mistakes, done some checkpoints, if its Sunday- go over ALL my notes for ALL my subjects and, if its Monday I'll write a practice essay etc.
I need to ensure I am not only completed up to date but slightly ahead and asking for extra work not only helping my understanding but this will also make my teacher aware that I want to excel.
I'm not going to be another student who wants to do well but doesn't work hard and ultimately ends up where they don't want to be. I don't want to be a dreamer anymore I want to make my dreams a reality.

Todays To Do
📕 read station eleven
📗 ex 6c
📗 ex 6d
📙 edrolo ch 1
📒 edrolo u3 aos1 videos
📘 edrolo ch 3
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2020, 07:58:08 pm »
+9
Untitled Journal Entry

27 March 2020

How is everyone feeling? How are you planning to spend your holidays?? What are some good stay-at-home activities?

Well, the last 3 days have been absolutely unproductive. I need to stop being a potato but IDK about you guys being pent up inside is making me feel pretty down but that's not an excuse! I am going to excel, I'm going to put in my all and I am going to get dux. Its a really far away goal but I can do it! I will do it! I will stop lazing around and I am going to leave a legacy and be an example. Just because I always felt like the underdog doesn't mean I can do really well!

I only got Bio Ch 3 done over the last 3 days which is pathetic and I'm stepping up my game.
We all face obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life.

Im going to wake up at 6 am every morning, do some exercise, have a shower, stretch, make some tea and figure out what to do that day. Ill sit down from 8:30 am - 11 am and then take a break for 60 minutes AWAY from my desk then I'll sit down at 12 pm and work till 3 pm and then take a break for an hour and a half, with 30 of those minutes exercising (prolly jumping on the trampoline haha) then ill sit down from 4:30 pm till 6 pm and then I'll have dinner, do my chores and if I've got everything done I'll watch some Netflix or play Playstation (will always be superior to Xbox), or watch a movie and then at 9 pm I'll get ready for bed, read a book, maybe have a shower (depending on if I need one or not - I don't wanna waste water buuut if i stinky....🤷) and aim to be asleep by 9:45/10 pm

During Term 1 I lost sight of my goals and stopped putting emphasis on studying and only really studied 3 days before a SAC which is STUPID. I'm not doing that anymore

But if anyone wants a good playlist to fall asleep to or use to study as a light background noise check out this playlist

I'm going to go chill and 'reset' and I'll figure out my to-do's for tomorrow, tomorrow. But right now I'm thinking;
8:30 am - 11 am: Maths Exercises (get as many done as possible in this time)
12 pm - 3 pm: Legal Finish off Edrolo videos for u3 aos 1
4:30 pm - 6 pm: Psychology Chapter 1 Notes

(EDIT: I'll be back in a weeks time)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:02:47 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2020, 11:53:11 am »
+7
Easter Holiday Break

04 April 2020

Psychology:
I've completed all the set work (Chapters 1 - 5 Notes, Videos, Exercises and Topic Tests) and have Chapter 6 and 7 go before I'm finished AOS2. It's pretty cruisy stuff, but I'm working really slowly like my brain feels half-asleep most of the time, so I think i need to make sure I'm drinking more water and eating more veggies. My plan for this subject is to get all of AOS 1 and 2 checkpoints and topic tests are done by the end of the holidays. I'm finding this subject really really cruisy and I'm finding that the topics super easy to grasp but there's just lots of topics and how they're all interrelated. I'm actually enjoying the subject despite thinking I wouldn't but it's definitely not my fave.

EDIT: First SAC marks back; 84% (not happy about) and Rank 1
To improve this I'm going to make sure I allocate 30 minutes for homework after every class (if 2 classes its 1 hr) and 5 hours of study a week, and obvs that number will increase in the 2 weeks prior to a SAC. During my study, I need to put a lot more focus on practice questions and unit 3 exams.

Biology:
I've completed most of AOS2, but I'm being pretty cruisy cause my teacher only set Chapter 8 for holiday homework so the plan for today is to also do Chapter 9 and 10 and do a Unit 3 practice exam. My plan for this subject is to make sure I'm doing a practice exam a week and actually revising. I really love the way the teacher teaches this subject, he's just engaging and understands that talking from a PowerPoint isn't effective teaching. Like we start most classes with a youtube video (if we are starting a topic) or a short Kahoot (if we have started learning stuff). He also allows for multiple directions of learning ie. here's a few different things you can do to consolidate your understanding and gives us the resources to learn in different ways about the same topic, I'm not letting myself get complacent cause I 'know it already' but rather approaching it as if I've never learnt it and doing everything I can do learn as much as I can and really consolidating my understanding with questions.

Further Maths:
I'm not sure why but I find FM to be hard to study for, like what do I study? So I'm halfway through Chapter 6 and then I'll do Chapter 7 from the Cambridge book and then do all the Data Analysis questions on Edrolo. I have a SAC in week 2 or term 2 and its a 5 hour SAC where we will be given data to analysis and at the end we have to write a report on it. That's all I know and it's so vague I'm not sure how to study for it. I think there are worksheets on vicmathsnotes so I'll do some of those hopefully by the end of the weekend. I love maths and I do understand it but i feel like the FM course is kinda weird idk if its cause the topics are all new or because its a new exercise every class but i feel like I'm missing something. Like you know when something feels too easy and its cause you're doing ti wrong? that's how i feel with this subject in general.

English:
I haven't done much for this subject yet, other than reading and annotate Station Eleven. Tomorrow will be finishing a Language analysis practice SAC that I started on the last day of term. On Monday I'm going to do the 2017 practice exam (but only the text analysis and analyzing argument), and if I'm feeling good do some of the Language analysis exercises in the Pearson English textbook and finish making notes on the LA Edrolo videos. I really love English, despite it being one of my worst subjects and I really want to do well so I really need to be harsh on myself and make sure I'm writing an essay a week and getting it marked by my teachers or by someone else. I truly think that's the only way I will improve and I just need to do it. I enjoy writing essays I just hate starting. So that's probably going to be my biggest goal for the next month is to get into the habit of writing essays, like we are 4 months in and I've written like 3 essays, 2 of which were done in class.

EDIT: Yeah look I haven't got my SAC marks yet but I will not be surprised if its like a D+ or something, like the prompts were so hard and we had never done any work on the themes of anything relating to the prompts. It was really hard to 'go deep' and i had no idea how to discuss the views and values because it was such a weird topic! I'll let you guys know what mark I receive when i get it (I got a C+ on the practice :'( ) but moving forward, I'm going to write a shit tonne of practice essays submit them to my teachers, you guys here, RESN and try and really improve, and hence why English is going to be the subject i study most for, with 7 hours a week scheduled study alongside my 30 min homework blocks. It should work but we'll see :)

Legal Studies:
Similarly to English, his subject has been put to the side for the time being while I work on Psych, Bio and Maths. Next week will predominantly be reviving Edrolo AOS1  for a SAC that's supposed to be held first week of term, and then working through the videos for AOS2. And then I have to work through AOS2 in the textbook up to pg. 170 so basically just stuff on CAV and VCAT. My plan for this subject is to once I've done that do all the checkpoints for AOS1 so I'm really prepared for the upcoming SAC. I love this class, the teacher really pushes us and sets enough work that we can only complete it if we work super diligently in class otherwise its homework. He also sets a fair bit of homework between classes but its general things like summary questions, essays and key terms so it's never too hard. Its probably one of my favourite subjects because the content is fun and interesting and the teacher is really good.

EDIT: First SAC marks: 82% and Rank 3 (such a bad score and i lost so many marks for stupid stupid mistakes, 2% of being equal rank 1 grr) I'm so pissed about this mark, I legit lost like 1.5 marks because one of the questions was like "identify the errors in this" AND I WROTE IN DOT POINT FORM INSTEAD OF FULL SENTENCES and the other 3 marks were lost in the 10 marker for only responding to the first part of the question (I forgot about the second task word) Again I'm just going to really make sure I'm studying consistently and doing lots of practice questions and submitting them to my teacher and RESN.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:39:20 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2020, 05:19:04 pm »
+5
Alright so, I found some Loreal Colorista Washout Orange in my bathroom cupboard that I forgot that I got last year as a present.
Should I colour my hair??? I can't post a link to the product as it's not sold anymore but here's an image of the product let me know yes or no in the vote at the top or let me know what you think? Am I making a horrible mistake or should it be fine given it is a semi-permanent dye or do you think it'll look bomb?

EDIT: Whos voting no?? WHY!!!??? let me know why I shouldn't! Cause I kinda just wanna go for it even tho it might be bad

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:31:29 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2020, 05:31:47 pm »
+3
Alright so, I found some Loreal Colorista Washout Orange in my bathroom cupboard that I forgot that I got last year as a present.
Should I colour my hair??? I can't post a link to the product as it's not sold anymore but here's an image of the product let me know yes or no in the vote at the top or let me know what you think? Am I making a horrible mistake or should it be fine given it is a semi-permanent dye or do you think it'll look bomb?

EDIT: Whos voting no?? WHY!!!??? let me know why I shouldn't!

Well since we're in quarantine, why not?
How long does hair colouring usually last for?
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2020, 05:34:39 pm »
+2
Well since we're in quarantine, why not?
How long does hair colouring usually last for?

That's my mindset exactly!! (But I also don't wanna ruin my natural colour and have no idea if it'll completely wash out)
It's a washout one it's supposed to be 2 - 4 weeks or 10 - 15 shampoos.

GUYS THE VOTES ARE AT 50/50, Imma wait till tomorrow arvo and see what the votes are then b4 deciding
— VCE —

— University —

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2020, 06:12:30 pm »
+3
Go for it J_Rho, add some colour to these darker times!!

Plus, no one has to see it if it looks bad anyway (which I'm sure it won't)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2020, 06:14:29 pm »
+3
Do it! There is no harm, and as CM said, if it turns out badly no one is going to see!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash