Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:20 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287644 times)

sw3glord

• Adventurer
  • internet megastar
  • Respect: +4
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #660 on: December 30, 2018, 08:24:04 pm »
+1
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)

I知 going into Year 9 in 2019.

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)

I don稚 really hate any movie :P I pretty much enjoy any genre as well

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

A melee weapon for sure (I feel as if I would waste too many bullets using a gun) so I would probably go with a sword or a machete.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)

Still trying to figure this question out, but I generally just want to be happy and satisfied with where I知 at in life.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #661 on: December 30, 2018, 08:25:24 pm »
+4
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)

I知 going into Year 9 in 2019.

I don稚 really hate any movie :P I pretty much enjoy any genre as well

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

A melee weapon for sure (I feel as if I would waste too many bullets using a gun) so I would probably go with a sword or a machete.

Still trying to figure this question out, but I generally just want to be happy and satisfied with where I知 at in life.
Wow, you're a young one! ^-^
What's your fave subject at school at the moment?

Welcome to the forums!
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

sw3glord

• Adventurer
  • internet megastar
« Reply #662 on: December 30, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »
+2
Wow, you're a young one! ^-^
What's your fave subject at school at the moment?

Welcome to the forums!

My favourite subject is maths. I知 alright with every subject, though I despise English.

lastapasta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #663 on: December 31, 2018, 11:34:32 am »
+4
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?

I am in Year 10 in 2019, and will be doing 1/2 Methods and Psychology (kinda terrified)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.

i dont hate it, but it was disappointing. Split. i was so excited to watch it after seeing the trailer and hearing about the plot. i enjoyed the movie up until the ending. i didn't really like the supernatural (?) element, it ruined it for me  :-\

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?

a grenade? anything that lets me not get too close. although i would probably be hiding away to avoid having to use it

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?

i want to be happy with the person i am and succeed in whatever path i end up taking. as for the specifics, i'll cross those bridges when they come

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say?

its okay, i have time later

side note: i've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to post, this forum is so useful  :)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #664 on: December 31, 2018, 11:43:39 am »
+4
Welcome to AN! ;D

I am in Year 10 in 2019, and will be doing 1/2 Methods and Psychology (kinda terrified)
It's not as terrifying as it seems! Starting VCE always seems really daunting, but I found that it wasn't actually all that different to my other classes (except you actually have to do your homework haha)

side note: i've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to post, this forum is so useful  :)
Yay! It's always awesome seeing lurkers make their first post.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

lastapasta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #665 on: December 31, 2018, 02:39:37 pm »
+3
Welcome to AN! ;DIt's not as terrifying as it seems! Starting VCE always seems really daunting, but I found that it wasn't actually all that different to my other classes (except you actually have to do your homework haha)
Yay! It's always awesome seeing lurkers make their first post.

haha i'm not too sure how to use the respond feature so i hope this is right. thank you! that makes me feel much better, its just i'm scared because i am a massive procrastinator  :P

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #666 on: January 01, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »
+5
Hey Everyone!

I'm a Class of 19' student, and will be undertaking Math Methods, English Language, Philosophy, Legal Studies and German in 2019, having done Business Management in 2018.
I don't hate a particular movie, but since I think it still fits the question; I absolutely despise any house renovation TV show. I feel like thhey're self defeating, and just don't have any time for them, and hopefully I never will.
My trusty tennis racquet! I've seen it used before, so in a zombie apocalyse I'm sure I wouldn't feel bad trying it out.  ;D
I really want to do something important and contribute to society, hopefully doing something I enjoy and that I can do for a long time. What that is, I honestly have no idea yet.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm not good at these ones! I'm your stereotypical nerd who isn't really that smart but loves playing sport and has done so since I could walk. My life has been full of unexpected surprises, mostly good but never boring. I probably make up for that excitement by being the most secluded person I know, but I can't tell if that's by choice or just because people don't like me, probably the latter. :'( Not something I can really work on in Year 12 though but I'll try!   :-[

I'm hoping to stay pretty active around here, so feel free to say hi or PM me at any point!  :) Hope I can positively contribute to discussion!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:35:29 pm by Jimmmy »
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #667 on: January 01, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
+1
Hey Everyone!

I'm a Class of 19' student, and will be undertaking Math Methods, English Language, Philosophy, Legal Studies and German in 2019, having done Business Management in 2018.
I don't hate a particular movie, but since I think it still fits the question; I absolutely despise any house renovation TV show. I feel like thhey're self defeating, and just don't have any time for them, and hopefully I never will.
My trusty tennis racquet! I've seen it used before, so in a zombie apocalyse I'm sure I wouldn't feel bad trying it out.  ;D
I really want to do something important and contribute to society, hopefully doing something I enjoy and that I can do for a long time. What that is, I honestly have no idea yet.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm not good at these ones! I'm your stereotypical nerd who isn't really that smart but loves playing sport and has done so since I could walk. My life has been full of unexpected surprises, mostly good but never boring. I probably make up for that excitement by being the most secluded person I know, but I can't tell if that's by choice or just because people don't like me, probably the later. :'( Not something I can really work on in Year 12 though but I'll try!   :-[

I'm hoping to stay pretty active around here, so feel free to say hi or PM me at any point!  :) Hope I can positively contribute to discussion!

Welcome, welcome!!

Tennis racquet is an intriguing choice, I like the concept.  :)

Do you have a favourite subject at school?
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #668 on: January 01, 2019, 10:12:27 pm »
+6
Welcome, welcome!!

Tennis racquet is an intriguing choice, I like the concept.  :)

Do you have a favourite subject at school?
Hi! I wouldn't say I have a single favourite anymore, but more that each subject serves a purpose and I hope that carries me through Year 12  :P

Methods for its objectivity, Philosophy for its class discussion, Legal for its relevance and general interest in current affairs, German for a different perspective on life (sorta goes with Philosophy actually!) and EngLang because I feel like I "missed out" on learning how English is structured in primary school, and that until 2018 it adversely affected my performance in English. That said, there's a lot of things that I believe primary schools should teach, that they don't.  :-X

Busman was probably my all-round 'favourite', but some unfortunate circumstances this year resulted in it not being as enjoyable as I would've liked, and unsurprisingly a lower study score than I would've preferred, but that's what doing a VCE subject early is for, right?

In hindsight, I probably would've chosen Global Politics over Business, because I'm interested in both but having committed to BusMan in Yr10, I didn't realise until it was too late...but thinking back to Year 10 now I also really wish I'd pushed to do more VCE subjects early, something I don't think schools advocate enough. That's in the past now though, onwards and upwards!
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

addition

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #669 on: January 02, 2019, 08:53:58 am »
+4

I can finally say this without making that new year's joke - I finished year 12 last year! So I guess my year level is now first year uni student if that counts? Although I'm still not sure which institution I'll be enrolling at.
As for subjects, my main ones were English, Methods, Biology and Indonesian  ;D

Iron man 3. I mean, wow, what a let down after a couple of solid marvel films. The whole time Tony stark just exuded this self-centered and arrogant persona and during the moments when his PTSD was affecting him I was just constantly thinking this is acting... This is a film. No suspension of disbelief and a somewhat pathetically and ironically excessive ending to the point that I stoped taking it seriously. (Rant over, normally calm and collected persona returns ;) )

Ooh I would say something deep like ability to interact with zombiekind and reach some sort of truce but I'd be wayy too scared to do something like that. How about instead, extreme high pressure water hose?

Short term goal: Get into my course at uni
Long term goals: Find happiness and security,,, eg buy a house, find a life partner, get a stable income, be content with the passage of life... Nothing too out there
Oh also to be someone that people trust and appreciate

So far, it's been the prologue and first introductory paragraphs of the novel. The one where you kinda skip over cause you're not entirely sure what's been happening and are keen to get into the actual storyline, only to realise later on in the book that some pretty key moments and key ideas were introduced.

Welp, hope all that formatting worked :/ thanks for reading!

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #670 on: January 02, 2019, 09:03:44 am »
+4
Welcome to AN!
What degree are you planning on doing at uni?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

addition

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #671 on: January 02, 2019, 09:13:50 am »
Welcome to AN!
What degree are you planning on doing at uni?
Thanks!
Depends on what course I get in to. Guess I'll let you know on January 16!

chris_tina_

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #672 on: January 02, 2019, 02:12:01 pm »
+6
I am currently in Year 12 doing the HSC (fun times if you have new syllabuses for your courses). My subjects are Standard English, Standard Mathematics 2, Modern History, Geography and Business Studies.

The Neverending Story. That flipping movie was ALWAYS on repeat at home as a kid and it just scared the crap out of me. Now, I watch movies and I tend to like them but some just confuse me (like everything else which is fine by me)

Nuclear Weapons. It will definitely wipe the zombies out right? Just need to have good international relations (with the USA and Russia) so we can use them.

I want to be a person with a good purpose. I want to know what I am doing is for a good purpose and not just for comfort. Also, I want to be able to stand up for what is right (that kinda relates to having a good purpose but it is different if you get what I mean).

There is things I want to achieve in the short term and the long term.
Short term achievements I want to accomplish is:
  • Getting an ATAR of 92
  • Getting a State Rank in Geography
    • Improve in my Writing Skills
    • To be Consistent in Study for the HSC

Long-term achievements I want to accomplish are:
  • Getting into a good Uni (like UTS or Macquarie - anything that has amazing business/technology facilities)
  • Landing a stable job
  • Get marry
  • Have my own family

My life actually has been eventful. I have experienced different lifestyles since I've been born (country lifestyle, semi-rural lifestyle and residential lifestyle - three really different ways of life but I did enjoy all of them). Also, it has always been chaotic with my family. I'm just ready to change up my life (which happens in like 11 months and I'm so excited about that). I love my friends and family very dearly and cannot wait til HSC finishes so I can spend time with them before uni starts.
HSC 2019 English Standard | Standard Mathematics 2| Modern History| Geography| Business Studies

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #673 on: January 02, 2019, 02:27:00 pm »
+4
I am currently in Year 12 doing the HSC (fun times if you have new syllabuses for your courses). My subjects are Standard English, Standard Mathematics 2, Modern History, Geography and Business Studies.

The Neverending Story. That flipping movie was ALWAYS on repeat at home as a kid and it just scared the crap out of me. Now, I watch movies and I tend to like them but some just confuse me (like everything else which is fine by me)

Nuclear Weapons. It will definitely wipe the zombies out right? Just need to have good international relations (with the USA and Russia) so we can use them.

I want to be a person with a good purpose. I want to know what I am doing is for a good purpose and not just for comfort. Also, I want to be able to stand up for what is right (that kinda relates to having a good purpose but it is different if you get what I mean).

There is things I want to achieve in the short term and the long term.
Short term achievements I want to accomplish is:
  • Getting an ATAR of 92
  • Getting a State Rank in Geography
    • Improve in my Writing Skills
    • To be Consistent in Study for the HSC

Long-term achievements I want to accomplish are:
  • Getting into a good Uni (like UTS or Macquarie - anything that has amazing business/technology facilities)
  • Landing a stable job
  • Get marry
  • Have my own family

My life actually has been eventful. I have experienced different lifestyles since I've been born (country lifestyle, semi-rural lifestyle and residential lifestyle - three really different ways of life but I did enjoy all of them). Also, it has always been chaotic with my family. I'm just ready to change up my life (which happens in like 11 months and I'm so excited about that). I love my friends and family very dearly and cannot wait til HSC finishes so I can spend time with them before uni starts.

Hi chris_tina_ !!

First of all, welcome to the forums! It's going to be great to have you on here to share your Year 12 journey with all of us :)

Nuclear weapons, a very interesting choice I must say. Let's just hope it won't fuel the current nuclear crisis in North Korea.

I love your goal setting, especially how you have broken it up into short and long term. This will give you a very clear sense of direction and purpose for the next coming 10-11 months. Just with your goal of achieving a state rank, it's amazing to set high expectations for yourself but I hope you won't be disappointed if it wasn't meant to be. Achieving a Band 6 in any subject is already an amazing achievement, so anything after that (eg. a state rank) is a bonus!

Were you interesting in getting into any specific degree at uni?

Anyways, good to have you on the forums and looking forward to your contributions ;D
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Rose_wants_a_high_atar

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #674 on: January 03, 2019, 03:36:25 pm »
+9
Hi everyone i'm Rose : )

1. What year level are you in right now? (Mandatory)
I am in Year 9 this year (2019).

I hate the Percy Jackson movies because they are way different from the books.  >:(

My memes.

I want to be a hardworking person that excels in all areas of life. I want to be different and confident and bold.
I want an ATAR of 99.95 and I want to go to America for University.

5. If you had to summarise yourself in a word, what would you say? (Optional).
Charismtic <3