Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:26:07 pm

Author Topic: GAMSAT prep  (Read 1245 times)  Share 

Mischi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
GAMSAT prep
« on: November 17, 2019, 12:39:28 pm »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether those GAMSAT prep courses were worth it? They're superrr expensive so I just wanted to know what your experiences with those courses in general were. Also, if you did self study, were there any resources (other than courses) that you would recommend I look at? Thank you so much in advance  :)
2017: Further (43)
2018: Psychology (42) || Italian (42) || Methods || English (42) || Chemistry (37)
ATAR: 96.50
2019-2021: Bachelor of Biomedicine | Diploma of languages @ The University of Melbourne

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: GAMSAT prep
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:05:42 pm »
+2
Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether those GAMSAT prep courses were worth it? They're superrr expensive so I just wanted to know what your experiences with those courses in general were. Also, if you did self study, were there any resources (other than courses) that you would recommend I look at? Thank you so much in advance  :)
speaking to some of my friends that have done those prep courses or researched into them most say that it is really just people who would've scored well anyway without the prep course doing well with it - so the general consensus is that they aren't worth it and working through stuff on your own would be good enough.

Obviously would depend on you personally - if you don't think you can independently work on it it might be beneficial just to have more of a direction. Since you are doing biomed you should have more than enough resources available by just asking around in your cohort. I think most people would recommend getting the Des O Neil workbooks and completing the questions there.