Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:33:40 pm

Author Topic: Ngo and sons, Dr Du Coaching, Master Coaching Australia?  (Read 11125 times)  Share 

Helen Phan

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Ngo and sons, Dr Du Coaching, Master Coaching Australia?
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:40:44 pm »
Hi everyone,

I was looking for a tutoring/coaching centre, but it's hard to find one which is suitable for me.
Is there anyone studying at those centres.
Can you write a review here for me or for all of us here. I'm sure this is so helpful . I appreciate your shares

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: Ngo and sons, Dr Du Coaching, Master Coaching Australia?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 04:51:13 pm »
Hey,
I went to Dr Du, and it depends on what class you're placed in. The MX1 B class paces the content a bit slower so there's more emphasis on the concept, while the A (A1, A2, and A3) classes are more driven by speed so that you get more practice.

Overall, they have less content as opposed to other tutoring centres like Matrix so they have more room for personalised tutoring since they aren't particularly strict on time.

For what it's worth, I think you could definitely consider it for a few weeks (they have free trial lessons) to see if you like their style of teaching.

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ngo and sons, Dr Du Coaching, Master Coaching Australia?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:41:18 pm »
Hi there,
I go to Dr Du right now. I'm not in the top class, and I perform very well at school.
From my honest perspective, tutoring in general isn't that helpful.
But here's my opinion on Dr Du:
1. Homework is okay but nothing spectacular. You will get hard questions definitely, but textbooks give similarly hard questions. Many homework questions are taught in class as well, which some would say is good, but I say it's bad (but then again, if we didn't go through them in class, I wouldn't be able to do the homework). Dr Du certainly has extremely top-performing students, but as much as that is a testimony to the tutoring, it's also because of the students themselves. Dr Du extends their students so that 2U learns a bit of 3U and 3U learns a bit of 4U etc. So what you learn at Dr Du and from their homework would be good for extending yourself HOWEVER, you may find that it doesn't help with exam questions, but it does help with understanding.
2. Tutors. I am taught by a previous student of Dr Du, not by the teacher of A1. Which I am fine with because my tutor is so good! So that shouldn't be a problem.
3. Pricing + service: Dr Du is really bloodthirsty with their money. They have very strict rules such as no refunds (even if you haven't gone to a single lesson). No free trial lessons (they make you pay for up to two uncommitted lessons (I think) ie. you can trial for two weeks, but you have to pay for them. After, you can get back the rest of the 8 week's cost.)
If pricing is a problem, I suggest looking at Ace Tutoring in West Ryde... I've heard very good things about it and it's pricing is quite low. I'm planning on going.
4. Lesson structure: There's a quiz at the beginning of the lesson each week, and then you take notes and do questions.
Overall, I'm not sure if it's worth your (or my money) even though their students are really good.
Feel free to ask me anymore questions you have and that I haven't covered.
Oh yeah, Dr Du gives cash prizes to well-performing students BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! THE AMOUNT YOU WIN WILL NEVER MAKE UP FOR THEIR RIDICULOUS PRICES.