Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:53:30 pm

Author Topic: The QCE Years - My Journey to Changing the World through Business and Technology  (Read 51390 times)

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
Hi Jerry,

That's great to hear! Doesn't it just feel amazing to have the weight of assessment lifted off your shoulders? Being in our final years of high school is sometimes really tough, but hopefully, we can all get through to the other side all okay.

Have a great final week of school and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
Hi everyone,

QCE Life Update
So today I'm going to update you all on how year 11 has been going for me :)

So term 3 began on Monday as you all know and the first thought that came to my mind was how mind-blowing it was for me to have only one term of year 11 left.

I begin year 12 (or unit 3) in term 4.

I've already received my exam timetable and assessment schedule for the term. This is great because now I can plan ahead on how I'm going to approach all of my assignments and exams (I have 4 exams and 2 assignments this term).

I got a new teacher for one of my subjects. I don't know how this is going to affect me in the subject but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I get two long weekends this term which I'm really happy about.

Subject Update
English - Have an exam coming up regarding a novel that I finished reading recently. I really enjoyed the novel so I'm sure that I'll ace the exam.
General Maths - Matrices is actually fun in my opinion.
Business - Marketing is okay but not fun so far.
Economics - Learning how markets work is interesting but I'm waiting on international economics which starts in unit 3 next term.
Legal Studies - Learning how negligence is applied in case studies is very interesting as it shows me how plaintiffs are compensated when defendants commit acts of negligence.
Digital Solutions - I'm happy that we finally have an exam regarding HTML, CSS, SQL and Python. Up until now I've only had assignments for this subject.

I hope you've enjoyed this update :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:51:54 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Hey JerryMouse2019,

Congratulations on reaching the final term of Year 11!🎉

It looks like you are going to be very busy this term, but it is a great idea that you have started planning on how to approach each assignment already.
Good luck with all of your exams and assignments :)

Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:08:48 pm by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hey JerryMouse2019,

Congratulations on reaching the final term of Year 11!🎉

It looks like you are going to be very busy this term, but it is a great idea that you have started planning on how to approach each assignment.
Good luck with all of your exams and assignments :)

Coolmate 8)

Thanks for the reassurance Coolmate :)

I'm still a very big procrastinator and I'm hoping to get over my procrastination once and for all this term.

Your message makes me feel more confident about conquering it :)

Btw, your study guide is awesome!!!  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:13:41 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Thanks for the reassurance Coolmate :)

I'm still a very big procrastinator and I'm hoping to get over my procrastination once and for all this term.

Your message makes me feel more confident about conquering it :)

That's ok, with procrastination it's all about starting with small tasks then gaining more momentum to complete bigger tasks. ;) Good luck with it :)

Thankyou! :D

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

s110820

• QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive

Hey Jerry!

So term 3 began on Monday as you all know and the first thought that came to my mind was how mind-blowing it was for me to have only one term of year 11 left.

I begin year 12 (or unit 3) in term 4.

Welcome back to the ATAR Notes forums! I'm sure everyone would be glad that you're back from the dead (metaphorically, of course). And yes, the transition from Year 11 to Year 12 can be a rollercoaster of emotions but trust me, I'll bet that you can get through it easy-peasy-lemon squeezy. Personally, my best advice would be to develop a "growth" mindset, if you know what I mean. For me, personally, from the minute I was introduced to my final year of high school, all I could think about was the worse-case scenario. As in, you know, failing all of my exams and as a result, receiving a really bad ATAR which limited my results to pretty much nothing.

However, when I started looking after myself (also really important!) mentally and physically, my mindset did improve. The key word in that sentence is "improve " as unfortunately, life isn't as easy as flicking a switch. My best advice for you is to remember this: "If I am in desperate need of something, I will cram as if there is no tomorrow and will burn my energy and motivation. But if I really want something, I will need to work as hard and as efficently as I can in order to get what I want" - yes, I know it's really cliché, but this has enabled me to jump over so many hurdles.

I've already received my exam timetable and assessment schedule for the term. This is great because now I can plan ahead on how I'm going to approach all of my assignments and exams (I have 4 exams and 2 assignments this term).

And it's great that you have received your exam schedule already! It honestly helps so much to be able to manage and prioritise your workload before you can crunch those numbers and write for those exams. You're actually really lucky because I haven't even received my exam schedule for my mock exams yet and they're less than a month away :(

English - Have an exam coming up regarding a novel that I finished reading recently. I really enjoyed the novel so I'm sure that I'll ace the exam.
General Maths - Matrices is actually fun in my opinion.

Oooh ooh! Please tell me what novel you read for English! I would really love to read it sometime. And I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it because usually reading for school bores people to death to the point where they depend entirely on SparkNotes just to get by. And yes! I loved matrices as well - it was probably my favourite topic of Unit 2, especially since I'm a visual learner and I love sudoku oops.

I hope you've enjoyed this update :)

And yes, I really enjoyed hearing from you again (in a non-weird way of course).

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hey Jerry!

Welcome back to the ATAR Notes forums! I'm sure everyone would be glad that you're back from the dead (metaphorically, of course). And yes, the transition from Year 11 to Year 12 can be a rollercoaster of emotions but trust me, I'll bet that you can get through it easy-peasy-lemon squeezy. Personally, my best advice would be to develop a "growth" mindset, if you know what I mean. For me, personally, from the minute I was introduced to my final year of high school, all I could think about was the worse-case scenario. As in, you know, failing all of my exams and as a result, receiving a really bad ATAR which limited my results to pretty much nothing.

However, when I started looking after myself (also really important!) mentally and physically, my mindset did improve. The key word in that sentence is "improve " as unfortunately, life isn't as easy as flicking a switch. My best advice for you is to remember this: "If I am in desperate need of something, I will cram as if there is no tomorrow and will burn my energy and motivation. But if I really want something, I will need to work as hard and as efficently as I can in order to get what I want" - yes, I know it's really cliché, but this has enabled me to jump over so many hurdles.

And it's great that you have received your exam schedule already! It honestly helps so much to be able to manage and prioritise your workload before you can crunch those numbers and write for those exams. You're actually really lucky because I haven't even received my exam schedule for my mock exams yet and they're less than a month away :(

Oooh ooh! Please tell me what novel you read for English! I would really love to read it sometime. And I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it because usually reading for school bores people to death to the point where they depend entirely on SparkNotes just to get by. And yes! I loved matrices as well - it was probably my favourite topic of Unit 2, especially since I'm a visual learner and I love sudoku oops.

And yes, I really enjoyed hearing from you again (in a non-weird way of course).

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

Hi Darcy,

I'm really happy to be back on ATAR Notes and I'm thankful that I could revive the QCE forums again :)

I've also noticed that my journey journal has been nearing the 10,000 views mark (making it the most read QCE journey journal right now). I guess this means that a lot of people have found my journey journal to be very enjoyable to read.

Thank you everyone for reading my journey journal :)

I really appreciate it :)

The growth mindset is something I've heard about before and I am 100% sure that I am going to implement it this term because I just know that I can't flick a switch and change my habits. Doing this will be good for me in the long run (as Uni is pretty much just me doing everything independently).

For English, I read the novel 'Whisper' by Lynette Noni.

It was super good :)

Good luck with your mock exams,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:00:17 pm by JerryMouse2019 »

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+4
Hey everyone,

Today when I finished my final exam for this term I finished year 11.

I've been feeling so optimistic about year 12 after coming out of this final exam.

I'm just looking forward to the more interesting topics in units 3 and 4 of my subjects.

This term was a blast and I'm sure next term will be similar :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

s110820

• QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
+3
Hey everyone,

Today when I finished my final exam for this term I finished year 11.

I've been feeling so optimistic about year 12 after coming out of this final exam.

I'm just looking forward to the more interesting topics in units 3 and 4 of my subjects.

This term was a blast and I'm sure next term will be similar :)

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Congratulations Jerry! I hope Year 12 goes well for you :)

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hey everyone,

I got another update for you all :)

It's been two weeks since term 4 started and I've started unit 3 in all of my subjects. I've got an opinion column in English. I've got a technical proposal in Digital Solutions and I've got a PSMT in General Maths. Other than that I've got three combination response exams for Business, Economics and Legal Studies. Bivariate Data in General Maths so far has seemed a little challenging for me. However, every other subject has been alright. The short length of this term has made due dates for assignments earlier than ever before (which I don't like). I'm still finding it hard to believe that I'm technically in year 12 (even though I'm still officially in year 11).

Thanks for reading this update,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

s110820

• QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
Hey everyone,

I got another update for you all :)

It's been two weeks since term 4 started and I've started unit 3 in all of my subjects. I've got an opinion column in English. I've got a technical proposal in Digital Solutions and I've got a PSMT in General Maths. Other than that I've got three combination response exams for Business, Economics and Legal Studies. Bivariate Data in General Maths so far has seemed a little challenging for me. However, every other subject has been alright. The short length of this term has made due dates for assignments earlier than ever before (which I don't like). I'm still finding it hard to believe that I'm technically in year 12 (even though I'm still officially in year 11).

Thanks for reading this update,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019

Hey Jerry,

I hope all is going well for you! In terms of your "opinion column" in English, which text(s) are you studying? For mine, I studied the film Blade Runner (1982) and the novel Never Let Me Go on what it means to be human. So hopefully, your opinion column is twice as interesting as mine. Also, I can most definitely help you with Bivariate Data if you need, it just so happens to be my strongest topic in General Maths. But I can definitely understand how you feel - the transition between Year 11 to Year 12 is never easy, but ultimately the reason why Year 12 is pushed back a term, is to give you more time (about a term's worth of study, revision and consolidation) for the external exams.

And it may feel a little bit weird being in Year 11 but doing Year 12 work, but ultimately, this term is like a practice-run for the terms ahead. What you do in this term is essentially just a practice of what's to come - think of it as a trial and error process: if you make some bad habits and some mistakes, you can always learn and grow from these mistakes for your final terms of high school.

Hopefully, that helps :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Hey Jerry,

I hope all is going well for you! In terms of your "opinion column" in English, which text(s) are you studying? For mine, I studied the film Blade Runner (1982) and the novel Never Let Me Go on what it means to be human. So hopefully, your opinion column is twice as interesting as mine. Also, I can most definitely help you with Bivariate Data if you need, it just so happens to be my strongest topic in General Maths. But I can definitely understand how you feel - the transition between Year 11 to Year 12 is never easy, but ultimately the reason why Year 12 is pushed back a term, is to give you more time (about a term's worth of study, revision and consolidation) for the external exams.

And it may feel a little bit weird being in Year 11 but doing Year 12 work, but ultimately, this term is like a practice-run for the terms ahead. What you do in this term is essentially just a practice of what's to come - think of it as a trial and error process: if you make some bad habits and some mistakes, you can always learn and grow from these mistakes for your final terms of high school.

Hopefully, that helps :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.

Hi Darcy,

For my opinion column in English, I'm doing the novel The Great Gatsby and the documentary Park Avenue: Money, Power and the American Dream (2012). The theme for my opinion column is greed. I haven't started writing it yet since I haven't finished studying the novel. If I need any help in Bivariate Data then I'll be sure to ask you (or the people here on ATAR Notes). Thank you for reassuring me on the challenges of transitioning to year 12 from year 11 :)

Good luck with your externals,

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:02:35 am by JerryMouse2019 »

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
+2
Some Advice for Future QCEers:

Do not take Digital Solutions.

Only take the subject if you completely understand what you're doing.

I'm saying this because my experience in the subject so far has stressed me out.

Especially since it's IA1.

If you do decide to take the subject then please consider the following tips (from my own experience):

1. Start your assignments as early as you can.
2. Clear up any confusion that you may have with your teacher asap. If you remain confused about something in this subject then it will cost you later.
3. The assignments take a lot of time to complete so make sure that you are not leaving the assignment to the last minute.

I know these tips sound generic because they apply in every subject but in this subject they really matter.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:44:08 pm by JerryMouse2019 »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
+1
Some Advice for Future QCEers:

Do not take Digital Solutions.

Only take the subject if you completely understand what you're doing.

I'm saying this because my experience in the subject so far has stressed me out.

Especially since it's IA1.

If you do decide to take the subject then please consider the following tips (from my own experience):

1. Start your assignments as early as you can.
2. Clear up any confusion that you may have with your teacher asap. If you remain confused about something in this subject then it will cost you later.
3. The assignments take a lot of time to complete so make sure that you are not leaving the assignment to the last minute.

I know these tips sound generic because they apply in every subject but in this subject they really matter.

Ooft :/

I haven't looked too much into the  digital solutions subject but I have some coding experience (and will be making a web app over the holidays as part of an internship). If you have any questions about R I'll probably be able to help, js was my first language but I haven't touched it since hs so I probably won't be much help there (and I've barely gone past "hello world" in python :P).

My brother is studying IT game design (his languages are python, c++, c# and java - he's confirmed he can help with quick qs and advice)  and one of my housemates teaches code to primary school students (c and python would be the ones you might be interested in iirc) so if you have a question about something I don't know I can probably link your post and get some advice/help to you.

There are definitely other people who are interested in coding on the forums so hopefully we might be able to somewhat help you out.

Digital solutions is very much a folio subject right?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:22:52 am by Bri MT »

JerryMouse2019

• Forum Obsessive
Ooft :/

I haven't looked too much into the  digital solutions subject but I have some coding experience (and will be making a web app over the holidays as part of an internship). If you have any questions about R I'll probably be able to help, js was my first language but I haven't touched it since hs so I probably won't be much help there (and I've barely gone past "hello world" in python :P).

My brother is studying IT game design (his languages are python, c++, c# and java - he's confirmed he can help with quick qs and advice)  and one of my housemates teaches code to primary school students (c and python would be the ones you might be interested in iirc) so if you have a question about something I don't know I can probably link your post and get some advice/help to you.

There are definitely other people who are interested in coding on the forums so hopefully we might be able to somewhat help you out.

Digital solutions is very much a folio subject right?

Sadly the assignment that I am doing right now does not require coding. The assignment is known as a 'technical proposal'. It is a type of assignment where we propose/investigate an idea for a web app. I've also found in the syllabus document available on the QCAA website that, Digital Solutions has been slightly influenced by the VCE Computing syllabus.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:30:28 am by JerryMouse2019 »