Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:58:13 pm

Author Topic: UNSW Co-op Scholarship Program  (Read 38881 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UNSW Co-op Scholarship Program
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2018, 08:02:57 pm »
Hey!

Do you know there is any way you can withdraw your application?

Hey! Do you want to withdraw and resubmit, or withdraw?

If the former - Contact the office!

If the latter - Don't bother! If you end up getting accepted for an interview just decline the offer for an interview (it will be cool to know even that bit!) :)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »
Hey! Do you want to withdraw and resubmit, or withdraw?

If the former - Contact the office!

If the latter - Don't bother! If you end up getting accepted for an interview just decline the offer for an interview (it will be cool to know even that bit!) :)

Ohh I meant like withdraw my application!

I don't want to apply for the scholarship anymore :-\
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »
Ohh I meant like withdraw my application!

I don't want to apply for the scholarship anymore :-\

Right! Yeah I'd just leave the application - An application isn't a contract, if they contact you for an interview just decline ;D

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2018, 10:51:10 pm »
Hey guys,

Just a question on the co-curricular activities: I have a qualification in White Card Construction Induction. Would that be considered as a TAFE qualification?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2018, 11:13:38 pm »
+1
Hey guys,

Just a question on the co-curricular activities: I have a qualification in White Card Construction Induction. Would that be considered as a TAFE qualification?

It's definitely something, so if a TAFE qualification seems like the best spot for it then that's where I'd put it ;D

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2018, 01:08:49 pm »
Just a question on character limit, does this also include spaces?

Also, with the list of co-curricular activities, does this need to be in chronological order?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2018, 07:22:21 pm »
+2
Just a question on character limit, does this also include spaces?

Also, with the list of co-curricular activities, does this need to be in chronological order?

I'd say it would include spaces, they'll probably do a character count :)

List of co-curriculars, it is good practice to make them reverse chronological! That's how resumes are typically formatted ;D

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2018, 08:34:25 am »
I noticed in the list of activities they have the activity 'business owner/entrepreneur': would my blog be considered as a business? I would've assumed it was just a blog but my Instagram is using 'business mode.'

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2018, 06:33:36 pm »
+2
I noticed in the list of activities they have the activity 'business owner/entrepreneur': would my blog be considered as a business? I would've assumed it was just a blog but my Instagram is using 'business mode.'

I don't think it's a business unless you are using it as an income source :) if you were monetising stuff, potentially, but I think to call a blog a business by itself is probably a stretch and might come across negatively :)

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2018, 08:33:32 am »
Hey guys,
Just a question on character limit: do you have to meet the limit? Some of my responses are around 800 characters in the 1000 character responses.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2018, 06:43:07 pm »
+2
Hey guys,
Just a question on character limit: do you have to meet the limit? Some of my responses are around 800 characters in the 1000 character responses.

Definitely don't need to hit the limit (it is there for the benefit of those reviewing the applications so no one goes absolutely insane ;)) :)

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2018, 01:16:53 pm »
Hey guys,
I'm not entirely sure what to say in the question: What sort of graduate position do you imagine yourself in after University?

Is it just describing my career goal? Or do I list the possible goals I have after university (e.g. going postgrad)? I honestly have no clue what to write apart from saying that my goal is to be an aerospace engineer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:19:21 pm by owidjaja »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 06:45:48 pm »
+3
It is describing your career goal, but more generally, so you can definitely say, "I want to do a postgrad in ________ so I can focus on _______ in my career." Talk about the sort of company you might want to work for (run a small one, contribute to something bigger?) and the sort of role you see yourself in (technical, managerial?) :)

This is actually an important question. Remember, they want employees for the industry. Make it clear that you are driven to that end :)

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2018, 07:50:27 pm »
It is describing your career goal, but more generally, so you can definitely say, "I want to do a postgrad in ________ so I can focus on _______ in my career." Talk about the sort of company you might want to work for (run a small one, contribute to something bigger?) and the sort of role you see yourself in (technical, managerial?) :)

This is actually an important question. Remember, they want employees for the industry. Make it clear that you are driven to that end :)
I'm using my UTS response to frame my answer for this (since in they had a question on what type of career you're seeking and what kind of activities I think can help me achieve this career). At the moment, I have mentioned how I want to be an aerospace engineer in NASA or SpaceX (really ambitious goals lmao) and brought up how the Budget mentioned they will place funding in Australia's first space agency and how I'm looking forward to that. On top of that, I mentioned how I value work experience in helping me achieve that goal but I would assume that part is more relevant in the last question when it asks about why I want to be a Co-op scholar. But all of this doesn't feel enough, and I'm definitely nowhere near the 1000 character limit (almost 700 characters at the moment).

Is there anything else I could talk about? Or are there any ways where I can flesh it out a bit more?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2018, 08:51:21 pm »
+1
Sounds like more than I wrote ;) if you have said everything you want to say I'd say that sounds good to me! Remember those limits are purely to stop people going totally overboard :)