Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:25:32 pm

Author Topic: English study score and sacs  (Read 2625 times)  Share 

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
English study score and sacs
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:42:28 pm »
So idk if I'm meant to post here but if for some reason I don't perform as well in an English sac (oral presentation) and manage to get rank 1/2 in my other sacs, would this affect my study score if I end up being ranked in the top 10 where the ppl above me are fairly good English students
Also how much is the oral presentation worth in sacs?

lst1103

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
Re: English study score and sacs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 12:10:18 am »
+1
I ended up with a 50 in Eng., even though I got 65% on my oral SAC ahahaha - don't fret!! I went to a low-ranking rural government school, too, so anything's possible! Was ranked first, though :))

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 12:14:35 am »
I ended up with a 50 in Eng., even though I got 65% on my oral SAC ahahaha - don't fret!! I went to a low-ranking rural government school, too, so anything's possible! Was ranked first, though :))

That's nice! You reckon the oral sac is heavy relative to the other sacs?

lst1103

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 12:17:33 am »
+3
That's nice! You reckon the oral sac is heavy relative to the other sacs?

It's worth 40% of U4, as opposed to TR/AA being 30% of U3, so yeah! It's definitely worth putting effort in given its weighting (easy marks, comparatively).

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 12:32:10 am »
Do you believe a 45+ is still possible if I'm ranked 5 given the people above do well in the exam? I have a feeling I am going to mess up the oral but do better in the other sacs

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 12:36:26 am »
+2
Do you believe a 45+ is still possible if I'm ranked 5 given the people above do well in the exam? I have a feeling I am going to mess up the oral but do better in the other sacs
Definitely! Even if the above students don't do amazing, 45+ is still possible for you if you can score 9's for your essays (maybe throwing an 8 in there somewhere).
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 01:19:30 am »
Definitely! Even if the above students don't do amazing, 45+ is still possible for you if you can score 9's for your essays (maybe throwing an 8 in there somewhere).

That's a relief :) Thanks

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 11:42:58 am »
+1
Historically the oral is marked easier than other sacs for most schools (not all though) so do try to max out your score there.

For 45+ scores given the weighting of sacs/exam being 50:50 you need both a great exam score 51+/60 approximately and a high sac rank/scores. Sac ranking is super important because I have seen students with exam scores that are equivalent to mid-high 40's but a poor sac ranking means that the study score they get is only low-mid 40s.

If you are rank 5 and everyone above you does well on the exam you should be fine :)

TheEagle

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 01:38:30 pm »
Historically the oral is marked easier than other sacs for most schools (not all though) so do try to max out your score there.

For 45+ scores given the weighting of sacs/exam being 50:50 you need both a great exam score 51+/60 approximately and a high sac rank/scores. Sac ranking is super important because I have seen students with exam scores that are equivalent to mid-high 40's but a poor sac ranking means that the study score they get is only low-mid 40s.

If you are rank 5 and everyone above you does well on the exam you should be fine :)

Thank you Sine!