Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:40:37 am

Author Topic: Poor First Sac  (Read 493 times)  Share 

Momboom

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Poor First Sac
« on: March 23, 2019, 02:19:54 pm »
I got a sac result back yesterday expecting a decent mark, however to my utmost disappointment, my score was terrible (a B which places me near the bottom 35-30% of the cohort). This SAC was worth a whopping half of my GA1 as only one Unit 3 SAC remains! - our school does 2 unit 3 and 2-3 unit 4 SACs depending on the subject

Start of the year, I really wanted to get that 45+ for this subject. But looking at my ranking on the cohort after this initial SAC, is it REALLY (please honest answers as hurtful truth is better than false ray of hope) still possible to achieve my goal. As a side note, I do believe my cohort is quite strong as I attend one of the select entry schools.

I know I have to put in a LOT more effort from here on, but my concern is that even if hypothetically I do really well on my other Unit 3 SAC, because they are weighted evenly, the extremely low rank from this SAC will bring my overall Rank down for unit 3, preventing me from getting a good study score.

I am asking this question to not only receive some consolation/motivation, but also to ensure I don't place my future efforts in hopes of a 45+ into a subject where that's already impossible, therefore I'd really appreciate some brutally honest answers if thats relevant, not just your typical optimistic ones :) Any first hand inspiring "comeback"  success stories would also be appreciated

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Poor First Sac
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 07:59:00 pm »
+1
Definitely can't guarantee anything and 45+ is extremely hard to get in the first place, but yes it is possible assuming you have a good enough combination of a) performing higher in the future and b) VERY high performing cohort. I got 47 in bio with one of my SACs being C+ (but my ranking was still at the top... [weak cohort] )

Personally, I wouldn't *place hopes*on getting 45+ in anything in the first place and would still invest a lot of effort in regardless - you never know how things are going to pan out. That's just my approach though :)

Good luck!